raised dog bed or normal dog bed

There are couch covers available. I am not talking about a slipcover. It is kind of like a quilt and it is made to be thrown over the couch to protect it. It will cover the back, seat, and arms. Might be worth looking into.

I am doing something similar by covering up the leather in my truck, as I plan on taking them for drives. Dogs love that.

I don't plan on allowing the dogs on my furniture. GSD puppies are cute. But, if you try to make them a lap dog, it will be overwhelming at 90 pounds. I have been watching training videos and plan on ordering more. Having a brand new brain to train, that is eager to learn, I want to get it right. I plan on crating mine, so they will be used to that. I also plan on getting the little guy a harness and leash so he is used to that, and can walk with me at an early age so he will be used to my walker pace going for walks. I plan on doing everything I can to keep his keen mind trained, with play and training sessions each day. I also plan on sleeping on the couch for awhile, because it will be like having a baby again. So, if it gets anxious in the night, I can comfort it just like a baby, without it waking up my wife. Anxious dogs tend to be dangerous dogs.
yeah. it would have been way easier to train harriet if she was a puppy an her last owners didnt spray her when she did something wrong. so many people have adopted her then returned her and so she doesn't know if shes going to have a forever home but she does and its with me

My dogs all sleep on ground level, but they are greyhounds and were used to sleeping in concrete crates before they were "retired" from racing. They really love beds with sides. I splurged and bought them beds from LL Bean. They are pricey, but they last so much longer than any others I've ever owned that it has been worth the upfront cost.

I am renting a furnished house for the summer and my dog likes to go on the couches. So I bought the quilted couch covers mentioned above from a company called Surefit. I signed up for their emails and waited until they had a 20% off deal and got three of them in all the sizes to protect the couches. They are made really well and are thick enough that they will protect the couch from my dog's claws. I highly recommend! (Especially since I know it's nearly impossible to train some dogs out of going on couches - my dog being a prime example!)

I am renting a furnished house for the summer and my dog likes to go on the couches. So I bought the quilted couch covers mentioned above from a company called Surefit. I signed up for their emails and waited until they had a 20% off deal and got three of them in all the sizes to protect the couches. They are made really well and are thick enough that they will protect the couch from my dog's claws. I highly recommend! (Especially since I know it's nearly impossible to train some dogs out of going on couches - my dog being a prime example!)
thanks

Our dog much prefers her raised dog bed to being on the floor, even on a squishy mattress. It takes the pressure off their joints. Our dog knows she isn't allowed on the couch unless invited and she's such an exciteable, "ants in her pants" dog that she never really settles. But her bed is her safe zone and it's where she can relax. We've also trained her that she has to stay on her bed and not get off without permission. She'll sleep all day there quite happily despite being high energy. Make your dogs beds the place they gets treats. Make them a good place to be and hopefully you'll find they choose to go to their beds (or go there when you say they have to) on the off chance a treat might come their way.

Both my dogs were adopted as adults so I don't know what they slept on before. I don't allow them on the furniture, especially since we got a new sofa after my previous dog clawed his way onto it (and then he became incontinent so that was fun). I think the bed you choose should match your dog's physical needs.

My GSD mix has a "sofa" style bed with bolsters on the back and side, as he loves to sleep on his back and the bolsters give him something other than the wall to lean against so he doesn't accidentally roll back over.

My Akita/husky has a very low orthopedic foam bed as her joints aren't great and she has a hard time getting up and down from things.

Back
Top Bottom