Raiseing baby geese! Any tips?

I will be giving them greens and such. I hear they like them.
Oregon blues: just send me your culls
big_smile.png
(lol, just kidding) how many do you plan on keeping? Are you still ordering those 2 pairs of goslings from holderreads?

Holderread is no longer selling Pom goslings. He is selling out (or maybe has already sold out) his adult Poms. When I was notified that there would be no goslings, I drove over and purchased an adult pair. I am getting some goslings from a lady in California. She doesn't ship, so I have to drive down to pick them up.

The goslings from California are supposed to be 3 geese and 2 ganders. I'll see what they look like, before I see what I am keeping.. I'd like to get a trio out of it, since all 5 might be too much to hope for. California geese will be one pen. The breeder is being wonderful and is going to try to put together 5 with correct markings, because she knows I will show them if they deserve to be shown.

My older goose is exactly what I am looking for. She is 100% German import bloodlines, and the gander I purchased is 100% German. I want to separate out her babies, which will be 100% German. And that will be another pen. She hatched out 6 last year.

The new goose is 1/2 German and 1/2 American. She's a nice goose, but not quite what I want. I will see what she produces when bred to my 100% German gander and not make any decisions about her until then.

Duckgirl, when you finally get settled where you can really have all the birds you want, then I will send you some top of the line show birds, not culls.

Back
Top Bottom