Raising and caring for ducklings

Pics

Well, they got here at 6 a.m. and all appear to be just fine. They are officially 25 hours old at this point. Looks like I ended up with a Blue Swedish Male and two Crested Blue Swedish Females and a Khaki Campbell male and two Khaki Campbell females. Oh, and 12 day old rooster chicks which I suspect are sex links since they are only a day old. Here are pictures...

The ducks sure do drink a lot of water. I did the 15 min. with and 15 min. without water a couple of times and they still seem to really like to drink. They have eaten a little, beginning off my finger and now scattered around their brooder. They still have not gotten their "sea legs" and stumble all over the place. They take a bit of food and seem to just shudder trying to eat it and then run up to the water and drink. I tried a mash but they were not interested in it.

Hope things continue to go well for all of them. The chicks are really sweet but what am I going to do with a dozen roosters?

Well, they got here at 6 a.m. and all appear to be just fine. They are officially 25 hours old at this point. Looks like I ended up with a Blue Swedish Male and two Crested Blue Swedish Females and a Khaki Campbell male and two Khaki Campbell females. Oh, and 12 day old rooster chicks which I suspect are sex links since they are only a day old. Here are pictures...

The ducks sure do drink a lot of water. I did the 15 min. with and 15 min. without water a couple of times and they still seem to really like to drink. They have eaten a little, beginning off my finger and now scattered around their brooder. They still have not gotten their "sea legs" and stumble all over the place. They take a bit of food and seem to just shudder trying to eat it and then run up to the water and drink. I tried a mash but they were not interested in it.

Hope things continue to go well for all of them. The chicks are really sweet but what am I going to do with a dozen roosters?
Freezer camp?better than the alternative at most hatcheries. and your ducklings are precious. so are the chicks. Didn't know if you have seen this.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom