Raising Baby Chick-Along

It is recovering well. :)

I don't know why My Pet Chicken sells them as Blue Splash Marans - struck me as weird too.

Interesting. :)

Keep posting pics, we gotta get our baby fixes somehow. :D

I only have 4 really young ones right now.
WP_20171201_08_17_24_Pro_LI.jpg WP_20171125_14_52_23_Rich.jpg

Hello all! Glad to see all the beautiful chicks!! We, too, had a great hatch of our replacement flock (as most of you know by now, rare breeds are far more susceptible to illness than the more "heritage" breeds, so we lost half our Cream Legbars). The good news was that we got three darling CL pullets and seven...(seven!) cockerels! !
Here's one of the little guys:
20171128_200837.jpg

We also got a single splash Silverudd's Blue (and 6 blues!)
20171128_200909.jpg

20 in all, although we lost one that, from the get-go seemed to be weaker than the rest. :(
All in all, I'm super happy about these littles...even vaccinated them all by myself!! :)
And, BTW. ..has anyone heard from @Jessimom ? Wondering if those awful California wildfires have impacted her?

Hello all! Glad to see all the beautiful chicks!! We, too, had a great hatch of our replacement flock (as most of you know by now, rare breeds are far more susceptible to illness than the more "heritage" breeds, so we lost half our Cream Legbars). The good news was that we got three darling CL pullets and seven...(seven!) cockerels! !
Here's one of the little guys:
View attachment 1203492
We also got a single splash Silverudd's Blue (and 6 blues!)
View attachment 1203493
20 in all, although we lost one that, from the get-go seemed to be weaker than the rest. :(
All in all, I'm super happy about these littles...even vaccinated them all by myself!! :)
And, BTW. ..has anyone heard from @Jessimom ? Wondering if those awful California wildfires have impacted her?
ADORABLE little chicks everyone!!

I'm not impacted by any of the fires, other than watching them burn in the distance, breathing the smoke and everything covered in ash. But the damage is catastrophic in Ventura. The news reports haven't come close to reporting the carnage. The hills were burning so hot, with 70 mph gusts of wind, nothing was or IS stopping it. It burned right through town. I'm an hour south of that fire, and it's burning northward along the coast, as well as continuing along inland. At night, we can see the flames on the mountain. During the day, it's just smoky. The smaller fire to our northeast is the one that can cause us pain, but so far the fire crews are keeping it at bay. I am very curious to how these fires started - at this point they are being investigated.

I'm not impacted by any of the fires, other than watching them burn in the distance, breathing the smoke and everything covered in ash. But the damage is catastrophic in Ventura. The news reports haven't come close to reporting the carnage. The hills were burning so hot, with 70 mph gusts of wind, nothing was or IS stopping it. It burned right through town. I'm an hour south of that fire, and it's burning northward along the coast, as well as continuing along inland. At night, we can see the flames on the mountain. During the day, it's just smoky. The smaller fire to our northeast is the one that can cause us pain, but so far the fire crews are keeping it at bay. I am very curious to how these fires started - at this point they are being investigated.

Oh dear. :hugs

Wow... we are no strangers to wildland fires here and every single time one burns nearby, it is frightening. The haunting glow if the hills is just eerie!
I'm glad you are safe, and will pray the winds calm down very soon!

Hi All!!!:frow

It's been a while but how fun to pop on and see all the adorable fluffy babies:jumpy:love got past ny oldest sons wedding...officially on Christmas break from teaching...so now it's BYC time before the holiday craziness starts! My Fiona crossed over to the dark side and went broody again:barnieit's been freezing temps here.....crazy girl!!! This is no time for babies!!!!!
20171220_183552.jpg

That face says leave me alone...im busy brooding my invisible babies:gigmust be exhausting!!!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom