Raising Baby Chick-Along

20170924_112541_Burst01-1.jpg

My little blue cockerel. He's about a week older than the other 3
20170924_112617-2.jpg

So far the other 3 look like pullets. The boy is in front here.

My phone is charging... My teen's are lounging in the pasture (aka desert), when they moved in it had about 6" of grass everywhere, now its a moonscape. I need to move the fence again to give them more greens. Of course, since I'm a moron, I have to charge the phone, text the pix to DW so she can email them to me to post here. For what ever the reason, my phone won't let me email pix.

Ok... broody question??? My girl has been doing small frequent poops when we boot her out of the nest for the day..look normal green with white..or stink bomb...ugh! Are the little poops normal because she is not eating as much as she did before she went broody? I know broodies have larger poops when they are sitting on eggs and getting up only a few times a day...but we are booting her out during the day since she is not going to be a momma right now:oops:

Ok... broody question??? My girl has been doing small frequent poops when we boot her out of the nest for the day..look normal green with white..or stink bomb...ugh! Are the little poops normal because she is not eating as much as she did before she went broody? I know broodies have larger poops when they are sitting on eggs and getting up only a few times a day...but we are booting her out during the day since she is not going to be a momma right now:oops:

Probably because you are trying to break the cycle.

I think my Fiona is trying to sit again too! She is most definitely not getting more eggs.

My teenagers are growing up:hit My young Toms are practicing their posture:bun

Yeah I have one guy who matured pretty early. Another who just started but he allows all the girls to boss him about. And got 3 eggs today.

Mine seem to grow every time i look at them. It is amazing to think they just hatched mid August!

Mine hatched Sept 12-13th and I already had to triple the brooder size. Most are getting huge but two are really small.

First time outside. 2 weeks old. They sorta freeked out without their lil chicken mama. So she popped in with them. Then they calmed down, started sunbathing and stretching.

Other chicks in their runs are very occupied watching new babies with 'their mama'
Some competing over her love w squeaks and crows:poplove chick TV

Attachments

• 20170928_130537.jpg
    20170928_130537.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20170928_130556.jpg
    20170928_130556.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20170928_130938.jpg
    20170928_130938.jpg
    922.3 KB · Views: 6
First time outside. 2 weeks old. They sorta freeked out without their lil chicken mama. So she popped in with them. Then they calmed down, started sunbathing and stretching.

Other chicks in their runs are very occupied watching new babies with 'their mama'
Some competing over her love w squeaks and crows:poplove chick TV
They're all so cute

My Speckled Sussex fly up and perch on the piece of plywood i have at the doorway to keep them in when i open the door. I tell them "Get back in! " and they do!
I am really looking forward to getting their run assembled after i finish the siding on my coop. We have been busy clearing trees and brush for the new goat shed we are having built.

Back
Top Bottom