Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

http://www.ifglobal.org/en/what-we-do/world-spina-bifida-and-hydrocephalus-day

Well, they actually have an Awareness Day..that's today!

1445e2ccf9e892e4eefa6f3e58d261b6.jpg

Last edited:
Richard and Lindsey Sterling. He does a lot on youtube for her advertising..she isn't needing it as much anymore..she has gotten to be pretty well known. Has a CD out too.

58011_10200523621806216_1579826854_n.jpg

He got her this shirt, because...she loves cereal, and I guess Trix is it!

Richard did another youtube...A Halloween one with Stuart Edge. Stuart does a lot of youtube. Richard is in the Gold Jacket when the crowd shows up in the video, and of course, he is in a red wheelchair! :D

That was fantastic! The editing was phenomenal, and I loved him "chair dancing" at the end. That's what we call it when we dance with Kendra in her chair. When I see him living life as hard and as fully as anyone it sure gives me hope for Kendra's future! Sadly, I won't be around to see it, but you can bet that I'm going to milk every opportunity and encourage her all I can while I'm still here! Thanks for sharing.

Here is a song done by the Piano Guys, and then there is a manger scene that brought a lot of people together in Utah. One of the largest scenes done outdoors. Our son with Spina Bifida in on the front row when the angels come out by the manger....way over to the right. He loved doing it. Can't see him in this, but when they showed the practicing..I saw him. :)

Last edited:
Christmas Miracles happen in all ways, big and small. Our family got ours yesterday!

Jenny was in her kitchen making her Orange Salad for Christmas Eve dinner. Kendra was in the living room playing with her toys. There was a bowl of apples on the kitchen table and Kendra decided she wanted one. She crawled over to her walker, which was tucked in the corner since she never uses it anyway, and it had Katie's winter coat hanging off the bars. She yanked the coat off her walker, pulled it out so she could get into it, then walked in it all the way from the living room to the kitchen!! Nobody was holding it stable or helping her in any way - Jenny watched her and just held her breath. A 10 bag of potatoes that hadn't been put away yet was on the kitchen floor and she got one wheel hung up in it. She BACKED UP - twice - to solve the problem herself, which she did. She made it all the way to the kitchen table, let go of the walker, and climbed up into her chair. Needless to say, Kendra got an apple!!!

Back
Top Bottom