Raising Ducklings

Hi so I’m pretty sure that my shed is insulated I will have to ask my parents once I get home. So if it’s not insulated can they live in there or no? I’m positive that it has electricity so I can use a heat lamp.

Hi so I’m pretty sure that my shed is insulated I will have to ask my parents once I get home. So if it’s not insulated can they live in there or no? I’m positive that it has electricity so I can use a heat lamp.
I think it will probably be fine as long as you have the heat lamps. I put the cover for the tote on 1/2 of mine last year and left the other 1/2 open. What state or country are you in? It helps us to know how to answer your question.

I think it will probably be fine as long as you have the heat lamps. I put the cover for the tote on 1/2 of mine last year and left the other 1/2 open. What state or country are you in? It helps us to know how to answer your question.
I live in PA and the weather is starting to change to the high 50’s mid 60’s but by the time I’m getting the ducklings it should be in the 60’s most of the time and the temperatures will increase while we keep getting closer to May

So set everything up a few days before you get the ducklings, buy a thermometer if you don't have one. Test the temperature. Check the temp during the day and at night. See if it's warm enough before you get your ducklings. You may have to raise the heat lamp a bit higher in the day when it's warmer out and then lower it down some at night when the outside temperature drops. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom