RAISING FRIZZLES ACCORDING TO THE ABA AND APA STANDARD. ONLY KEEP THE GOOD ONES!!!

Glenda Heywoodo

Songster
Dec 19, 2016
Cassville Missouri
COMMENTS ON BREEDING TO THE STANDARD FOR BB OR RB
From Exhibition Frizzle comes this information on breeding breed type frizzles
C.M.S. remarked
I have had judges tell me straight out: "I would never put up a frizzle." Obviously, I disagree with this attitude. A good judge should certainly be able to see type under the feathers. Nevertheless, it exists and my smooths are never beaten by my frizzles. I still put them out there, though. There are young judges coming up all the... time that may have a more progressive attitude.

Glenda Heywood
Frizzles have always been looked at as an oddity. But keep showing them and you will encourage new breeders
Glenda Heywood THAT IS WHAT ALWAYS FACES A FRIZZLE BREEDER,
BUT DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO STOP YOU FROM SHOWING AND RAISING YOUR FAVORITE BREED TYPE FRIZZLES.

BREEDERS USE THE aba OR apa Standard FOR THE BREED TYPE PLUS FRIZZLE FEATHERING TO JUDGE YOUR BREEDERS AND SHOW BIRDS BY correct breed standard and add frizzle feathering.
Always choose broad frizzle feathering as this is what a good frizzle needs.
aka YOU ARE THE BREEDER AND THE SPECIAL JUDGE TO VIEW ALL THE GOOD BIRDS AND CULL THE BAD BIRDS.

Glenda Heywood
Every breeder of frizzles which ever breed type, SHOULD AND DO breed the best to the best hoping to win BB OR RB at a show, not just best frizzle. because breeding a bird for best breed type and adding frizzle feathering is aspiring to be BB or RB as that is what it all about breeding an excellent breed type frizzle to show all it can be done

GleNda Heywood
Culling is a test of our ability to not compermise our main goals: TO BREED AN EXCELLENT BREED TYPE FRIZZLE. so practice this aspect of the fancy. Cull the lesser quality birds as the year rolls along to come up with the best produced each year.

Glenda Heywood
Judgement is VERY IMPORTANT. Do not doubt your own judgement of quality BREED TYPE FRIZZLES. The judge does not own the exclusive ability to judge birds that are your best in quality. Every human's ability to be a good judge of breed type frizzles is there and keep testing your ability to mate and breed for quality breed type frizzles, year after year. Hoping to come up with a BB or RB with frizzling feathers.

Glenda Heywood
no matter what breed type chicken stock you are breeding the goal is for BB or RB and keep that in mind when you mate your best to the best.

Keep good records so one does not in breed the stock to severly and you will attain the best each yr by compring the offspring to the Stanard for the breeed type plain or frizzled bird. Cull severly as to what you feel is the best you raised that year.

The outcome will be your true judgement according to the standard
Glenda Heywood Cassville Missouri

Back
Top Bottom