Raising Geese 101

The gosling past on in his sleep, found him dead this morning. I think yesterday was too much poor thing. We checked the others from head to toe they are all ok will keep an eye on them today.
@Nanna34 I'm so sorry. Heat can be rough on them since they are still working on regulating body temp. Thankful you have now taken percaution with the cover. and the rest are okay.

Had an iguana in both my coops today, found it with one of my silkie hens in its mouth but luckily she only had a few bruises. The remaining goslings are doing well the vet came to have a look and said that gosling may have had a genetic weakness, I've learned with my chickens that it is better if day pass on young.

Had an iguana in both my coops today, found it with one of my silkie hens in its mouth but luckily she only had a few bruises. The remaining goslings are doing well the vet came to have a look and said that gosling may have had a genetic weakness, I've learned with my chickens that it is better if day pass on young.
I was wondering that, Bless it's heart just went as far as it could. Well we know it's okay now.

Oh my word an Iguana big enough to put a Silkie in it's mouth. Thankfully with all the preds here that isn't one of them. Glad your Silkie is okay

Oh the little guys are growing out of their down it sounds like .....

Miss Lydia is correct take some pictures that way you will always have a record of their growth and it is happening so fact .....
I love looking back at pics of mine when they were tiny on up they grow so fast.

I will built the silkie enclosure today the goslings have the pen to themselves they love it, want them to get big enough so they can roam the grounds there is tons of grass for them to graze on
Cool love to see it.

The gang getting bigger by the day and always happy to see me, I've notice that some are getting darker I think they have some Pilgrim in them that would be so great.

We put up blankets and boards around the enclosure as well so there is always shade during the day, even with the cover we put up the pen still gets a lot of sun.

It is starting to look like their tails are curling

The only completely yellow gosling, has blue eyes like a pilgrim

Pirate he/she is bigger than the rest now

Back
Top Bottom