Raising Geese 101

My Embden gander is going on 10 yrs old hatched here and has known me all his life he would bite me in a minute during breeding season .Ganders just have attitude. Gotta love them though. I do offer a little corm in my hand to my gander. But I would never let a young child hand feed one.

Alright then. Reasonable.

\My gander was literally just attack.Not sure by what.there were about 3 hawks outside when I was walking around and seen blood coming from his nostrils,a injured eye,and scars on his face.

Could he have gotten into with the other gooses?Or was this a hawk?

\My gander was literally just attack.Not sure by what.there were about 3 hawks outside when I was walking around and seen blood coming from his nostrils,a injured eye,and scars on his face.

Could he have gotten into with the other gooses?Or was this a hawk?

Id say predator, possible hawk but I can't confirm that. Seems unlikely that the geese would leave marks like that.

I've seen geese fights go bad.That bite hard,and all the flying they could scratch at the faces,at least it seems like they would,but idk for sure,I just started geese.
Update-I went outside and it's extreme bad.he is shaking his head and bloods flying everywhere all over they pretty white face,I'm unsure as if I should give him a bowl of water to clean his face in or what any tips?

I've seen geese fights go bad.That bite hard,and all the flying they could scratch at the faces,at least it seems like they would,but idk for sure,I just started geese.
Update-I went outside and it's extreme bad.he is shaking his head and bloods flying everywhere all over they pretty white face,I'm unsure as if I should give him a bowl of water to clean his face in or what any tips?

I don't know for sure, Im not versed in goose medicine. You may need to catch him to clean him yourself but I don't know for sure.

I did catch him to get a view of what I was dealing with.Do not wanna put peroxide on it because it's right there in his face guess i'll just poor a bottle of water on it.

K I held him down,poored warm on it,and it seems like his eye got punctured and that's where the blood s coming from,i'm hoping this will not effect hsi eye sight,poor guy,what can you do with a blind goose?Do not wanna risk him getting injured in the second eye or even killed due to blindnss...

K I held him down,poored warm on it,and it seems like his eye got punctured and that's where the blood s coming from,i'm hoping this will not effect hsi eye sight,poor guy,what can you do with a blind goose?Do not wanna risk him getting injured in the second eye or even killed due to blindnss...

Unfortunate, but geese have good hearing and as long as he as his flock he should be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom