Raising Meat Rabbits

Pics
I might have to go over there...I am sure there is more understanding as why we would eat our animals and not just a mean roo..chickens, rabbits etc..I don't run a nursing home for animals either.. they produce products eggs,kits,chicks ets that i can sell to supply feed,or eat or you got to go and well I fed it, cleaned it's poop.. I am not going to give it away to go into someone else freezer...for instane i have too many roo's a local farm stand has a petting zoo and has some empty cages i am going to lend them my extra bantam Roo's for the summer for tickets for my kids to their fall fest little hay rides bouncy houses and such..I have 5 kids so 5 @10 each for the day is $50 and they will feed the birds for those 3 months..win win for me

I have a litter of fully pedigreed Am Chins ready to go next week in East Tn if anyone is looking for Am Chins

I am looking for New Zealand whites or californians. Pm me please.

If you go to arba.net you can look up show dates and locations in your area. If close enough go to one. People are always selling something plus you'll learn a ton if willing to listen.

At least thats how Michigan is. I've had californians for many years for show and meat. Never advertised on craigslist or anything, too much hassle. Only sell at shows or by word of mouth. Haven't really shown for about 7 yrs but still get contacted to see if I still have my line. Hope that helps

I have a 310sq foot hardware cloth enclosure (including floor) with dirt over top on floor. Kept my 3 does, and 1 buck new Zealand's in cages initially but they are much happier in a colony setting. I don't cage the buck and there have been no issues in the short month they have been free to be rabbits in a colony setting. They all grew up together and I would not introduce an outsider. 2 of 3 does have had healthy kits so far. Other female is old that I don't expect her to reproduce again but she grooms everyone and doesn't eat much. I have 13 total rabbits now and am shooting for 30 total. They eat and drink from poultry feeder and water which is much easier than tiny bottles. They get fresh produce daily and fresh cut Bahia grass. I use medium size pet carriers I got for free as nest boxes.

I am looking for New Zealand whites or californians. Pm me please.

I have a litter of NZ ready to wean in a few weeks. They are bred for meat production and rapid growth. Two of the kits are REW and the remaining are NZR. I'm in East TN of that helps at all

Just found this... we have raised meat rabbits for about a year, we have NZ, Flemish and Ca crosses.. Yesterday we butchered all the ones we weren't going to breed... we had 8/3 mo olds and a 2 year old doe that had not been producing well, she would throw 2-3 kits instead of 9-12 like she had... We have our breeders in hand made wooden cages with wire floors and sides mounted on the walls of the rabbit house. Next to this female was one of her sons, a 3 month old..mind you, the wire we used to separate the rabbits in the wall cages was the very small stuff. When my husband butchered her he found she had 3 almost full term kits in her!!

We were astounded one because to be able to have bred would have taken some maneuvering on both the rabbits part and two, she may have been a week or less away from kitting and that meant the male beside her was only 2 months old!! It never ceases to amaze me the things we continually are learning, just when we think we have it down...

For future reference, all males on one side of the "house and girls on the other :)

Back
Top Bottom