Raising our New Zealand Meat Rabbits *Start to finish - Birth to processing* Possible Graphic pics*

Last edited:

We have an abundant supply of banana trees. I have been supplementing 15% of the rabbitry pellet feed with banana tree leaves and have had great results. Saves feed, its a free organic resource we grow (ok we chop and dig up and can't get rid of - THEN I found out it holds good fiber and great nutrition! :gig )

I plan next year to go 25% of diet. Started low for observation and trials based off a few studies I can go as high as 30% with no growth differences than pellets but best successes were noted at 15-25% supplement of pellet/hay diet.

Last edited:
Hubby has been busy cooking rabbit
smile.png
kid approved even!

I found this joke on the comp thought it was funny .

A lady opened her refrigerator and saw a rabbit sitting on one of the shelves,
What are you doing in there she asked. The rabbit replied, This is a
Westinghouse, isn't it
The lady confirmed, Yes.
Well, the rabbit said,
I'm westing.
lau.gif

No, they don't get high, I just give them fan leaves, stalks and roots, no flowers. I read that hemp and cannabis leaves and plant/seeds have great nutrition and cannabanoids that animals and people can use. It's heat that activates thc..my buns don't act stoned.

There's nothing wrong with that. They do seem happy though! Grace was very skittish, but now comes to the front of her cage for petting and cuddles. It could be b/c I'm very calm and relaxed when I go out there, that I have a ritual with my bunnies and sing to them, it could be the cannabis, or all of the above.

Back
Top Bottom