Raising our New Zealand Meat Rabbits *Start to finish - Birth to processing* Possible Graphic pics*

My males hump anything. Lol and they're pretty nice to my girls...but I keep them separate. The females will sometimes continue to breed (lift) even if preggers, the males could care less if the girls are accepting or not. The male *may* stress her out when she's gonna kindle. I personally keep them separate so I can keep records on when/food intake/and stuff.

Another thing is the buck can hump to his hearts content but there's a weird kick and tip over he will do if he does it right. Sorta similar to when us humans do it right :gig

Mine were not doing it right when they 1st tried. I thought they were...then I SAW the kick and tip over :lau can't miss it!

Oh so that's what that was. I thought he hurt himself while doing the deed but he flopped over panting and had a snooze. Lmao blink and you miss it though. Thanks for your help

I went to separate them..... but I found their kittens..... I don't want to move them. The duck sits next to them to keep them warm while the rabbits go off for a feed. Im going to get my boy neutered.

I would still separate out the male at least. I've seen a lot of injuries to babies when the males decide to attack them! If you want to leave the female there until the babies are a bit older, I think that would be fine.

Holy snicker bar batman they're cute. Yummy, yes, but so darn cute I am forced to smile seeing them. Lol

Doe #1 is ready for them to be gone. She's already trying to woo my buck making cute noises so he stands on two legs and stares n grunts back. Weirdos.

Babies are few days over 3 weeks all doing great. Tomorrow I will attempt at sexing them again. Oh joy lol

Cookie (doe)

Oreo (doe)

Blue (buck)

Notch (buck)

Thought I'd share pics of my new Zealand buns :) all about 5 months old now. Gonna breed them in about 2 or 3 more months :)

They are beautiful! I love the blue! And cookie dough's name! Oh my how suited :)

My bucks don't like posing lol so that's why they aren't posed. The two does were my first ever broken new Zealands. I also have a Flemish giant doe that I am planning to breed to notch. We are raising the new Zealand for pet and maybe show quality herds :)

Stupid question, are californians pretty much the same as nz white rabbits? We are having a wee disagreement here in nz. I think they are completely different. Nzw are albino and have no pigment, right?

Back
Top Bottom