Raising Pheasant Chicks. Any Tips?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by muscovy94, Jun 16, 2010.

1. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Hey everyonee I will Hopefully be hatching some pheasant chicks in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there was anything special I need to know? I've hatched pheasants in the past and none lived. Any special brooder requirements or food or anything? Any tips are appreciated.

2. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    I use Manna Pro Gamebird/Showbird feed, and i have had great sucess. Use paper towels for a few days after hatch and then switch to shavings. Also, a galvanized stock tank works good with heat laps on the ground. They fly at 2 weeks, so i use screens to cover it.
  3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Keep them dry, dry, dry, & draft free for the first 3 weeks. They are pretty wimpy at a young age. I've raised ringneck, melanistic, buffs, snow pheasants, white meat, & silver pheasants. The silver are the toughest chicks, & the melanistic are the weakest, in my experience. Good luck!
  4. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Be sure and feed gamebird starter which is a high protein. I use Purina Gamebird Startena which is 28% protein. And as stated above keep them dry and draft-free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by