Raising Pigeons

The male will also feed the hen(kissing)right befoe mating. In rare cases sometime 2 of the same sex will pair up. In the case of two female you will have 3 or 4 eggs in the nest. Of couse the males will have none.

The trumpeters do a long coo thats how they got their name from the trumping noise.

Quote:
Sounds like your two are what we call common pigeons(wild pigeon). Nothing wrong with that, you will find most pigeon breeders started with commons. I myself was 11 yr. old climbing old barns, bridges just to get a few squeakers. My first pair I paid for was a pair of rollers. cost 1.00 each.

Would be glad to send you a young pair, after I get my young birds picked for my race team.

pic. of 1 breeding pr.

pigeon006.jpg
pigeon007.jpg

These have flown 500 mile in the same day.

Bear Foot Farm I'm lovin The Uggie Babys
frow.gif
I'm due to have some off of a setting of white fan tails. I usually don't hatch in the winter months i remove any eggs they lay but i got sick and my husband was feeding them. When i was feeling better i found them on 2 eggs and didn't have the heart to unset them.

Quote:
Sounds like your two are what we call common pigeons(wild pigeon). Nothing wrong with that, you will find most pigeon breeders started with commons. I myself was 11 yr. old climbing old barns, bridges just to get a few squeakers. My first pair I paid for was a pair of rollers. cost 1.00 each.

Would be glad to send you a young pair, after I get my young birds picked for my race team.

What a nice offer that is. We would love to have some more pigeons. So far ours have built the straw up farther on there nest, but we do have sides on the box and the female is still sitting. That pair of pigeons are beautiful in your pic. Now that I can get in there condo with them I can take some better pics to show. I can't beleive they flew 500 miles in one day. That is just awesome. Maybe this will be a sport I will want to get into.

Quote:
Congrats on your new friends. I don't know anything about owls but I think they are cool. I will google to see what kind they are and what they look like. Can you tame them or is it best to leave them wild?

tongue.gif
UH OH Sorry my Mistake By Owls i meant Owl Pigeons.
he.gif

I'm so sorry i have got in trouble about this before and should have learned to add the pigeon in with the owl.
hide.gif

They are Chinese Owl Pigeons and German Sheild Owl Pigeons and again i'm so sorry.
big_smile.png

I will now retire to write 100 times i will say owl pigeons..i will say owl pigeons..i will say owl pigeons only 97 to go...
he.gif

Quote:
You are forgiven, we don't need you getting writer's cramp!
lau.gif

But it is a common mistake we all make, especially amongst long time pigeon people. We forget sometimes that we have newcomers that aren't familiar with the over 150 breeds of pigeons.
gig.gif

One of the members of our Louisville Pigeon Club was working on developing a blue Chinese Owl. I haven't heard how he was doing with it though.

Thanks i talk pigeon as well as chicken and i speak dove also.
lau.gif

If i say it like this it sounds insane::: I have Quail,Owls,Duckwings,Tangerines,Peach Pied,and Peaches

These are Quail and Duckwing Chickens, Owl Pigeons, Tangerine, Peach Pied and Peach Doves
gig.gif

I'm trying Chinese Owls this year too! At our pigeon club show last nov. a breeder gave me a couple pairs of his birds(which had won ribbons!Joy!) they are really neat birds. And yesterday on local craigslist a guy gave me 10 homers ! I'm going to have a busy spring with all these breeds going at once.

Back
Top Bottom