Raising Runners In Winter

When did you get Runners? I don’t remember you having them .Of course that isn’t saying much my memory isn’t what it use to be.
I had a Runner duck with her mixed ducklings first, then hatched some BBS this Spring. How are yours doing? I remember that you had some F&W ducklings shipped and that it was a difficult experience...they must be big ducks now.

8 months old today and so special. No eggs yet but I think soon. Then I hatched 6 more 5 turned out to be drakes 4 found homes in Va. I kept one drake and the only female so I added 4 Runners this year I now have 9. 2 drakes and 7 females and my 2 Buffs that hatched with my Runners in 2016. And of course my 5 Muscovy. Love them all. Didn’t you get geese?

8 months old today and so special. No eggs yet but I think soon. Then I hatched 6 more 5 turned out to be drakes 4 found homes in Va. I kept one drake and the only female so I added 4 Runners this year I now have 9. 2 drakes and 7 females and my 2 Buffs that hatched with my Runners in 2016. And of course my 5 Muscovy. Love them all. Didn’t you get geese?
Aww, glad to hear your group is thriving!! Yes, I hatched Pilgrims this year and also acquired goslings from a couple of other breeders to diversify the bloodline. I'm hoping to see first eggs this spring...maybe...:fl

Back
Top Bottom