Raising them as truly free how many hours would momma have them in the water?

They are so messy, aren't they! My back aches for you. LOL!
I remodel homes, or used to, so I took the kiddie pool that they used to use and added a drain that I just open. Their house has a roof I can lift off to spray off the ground. Eventually I'll do some sort of drawer that will pull out to be sprayed down.
Everything gets cleaned at least once a day since they are inside my home.

The medium ones won't fit and the fencing will be below water and above.
that would be a good idea i think, but try to keep holes as small as possible while also leaving room for minnows and other little fish to come in and out. dont forget that not only are u keeping predators out but you are also keeping your ducks in

How old are your ducks? And you did say they were Peking correct? Someone told my daughter that breed had tons of medical after 6 months. I laughed and told her I'll be amazed if she could slaughter them or have them slaughtered then eat them.
theyre a little over four months! ive heard about their medical conditions and ive been anxious about them for a while. all four of mine are extremely healthy but we cant afford vet bills & them dying (especially being slaughtered and eaten) would destroy me :( ive been making sure to care for them properly so they live as long as they can

Question, how much food should I be giving them?
i have four so i give them four big scoops (full drinking cup) of feed every morning, i give them treats throughout the day and they are always foraging and finding things to eat so its not just the morning feed that theyre eating too. however that feed can last them all day, but ive heard a lot about people feeding their ducks twice a day like dogs do

I remodel homes, or used to, so I took the kiddie pool that they used to use and added a drain that I just open. Their house has a roof I can lift off to spray off the ground. Eventually I'll do some sort of drawer that will pull out to be sprayed down.
I don't understand , how do they have their own house with a roof etc but you say also that they live inside your house? Is their house in your house?

They ARE spoiled! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom