Raising them as truly free how many hours would momma have them in the water?

also they love mud because whenever the ground gets wet worms come up to where they can reach them and the ducks eat them. u can spray them down with a hose if they get to messy because of the mud, my ducks let me do it sometimes and they love itView attachment 3610801View attachment 3610802
How old are your ducks? And you did say they were Peking correct? Someone told my daughter that breed had tons of medical after 6 months. I laughed and told her I'll be amazed if she could slaughter them or have them slaughtered then eat them.

u should buy a little plastic baby pool for the ducks!!! their talons can puncture the thin plastic of that pool and they can have their own pool. i dump out the water every night and refill my ducks pool every morning. im also located in florida and my pekins absolutely love their pool since it keeps them cold, they even sleep in it during the day
heres an image of the pool they use for a reference if you need it (+them all sleeping)View attachment 3609073
I did that too for the ones I raised. Now they're out on their own but like to take advantage of my fountain. I've had to clean it 3 days in a row now.

Attachments

• IMG_5832.jpeg
    IMG_5832.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 2
haha have fun!! ive heard they have a lot of personality and are more friendlier than chickens are
Eh being mine were house chickens and traveling chickens they were pretty friendly and had big personalities. Not a 1 was disrespectful of any human because *I* was top dog. No one got flogged of I was present. No one actually fought cause I stepped in. It was harmony. My poor babies 😩 how I wish I could have taken them. They'd all still be alive unless they were stupid and tried to go swimming lol.

Back
Top Bottom