Raising while also Profiting from Chickens??

As 1 of the users stated,it depends on how the rooster feels.Most roosters can fertilize,but you may never know what can happen,not only this,the hen has to be willing to sit and let him mate with her.

Selling eggs are a much better source to sell.Depending on how many birds you have,and if they lay regulary(EVERY DAY).

My last rooster was not fertile. I had him for months and got nothing. I then rehomed him. Thank you :)

Other things that you can sell:

• Composted droppings with sawdust/straw in bags as good quality organic manure.
  • Feathers for fly-tyers and fishermen.
  • Small packets of larger feathers for craftspeople.

They may not be the most profitable, but it might cover feed.

Thinking outside the box. I make stuffed chickens inspired by my flock. (And by stuffed chickens I don't mean the edible kind.). ;)

-couldn't do it without them! :)

I have a cousin with a very large flock, originally he lived in a large sundivision with not much yard space, so he eventually had to get rid of them. He later moved and got a very large flick, which he inevitably made lots of money off of. He let them free range almost all the time, and they didn't use much feed. He got plenty of eggs a day, had a few incubators, and hatched many chicks, which he got even more profit off of. Just an idea, Free ranging also helps chickens overcome the natural desire to forage, so free ranging is a very good alternative to feed, but definitely have feed available, also ;)

We sell eggs and are thinking about sell chicks we incubate. Any advice would be great

What options can I do to make a some money off my flock? Selling chicks maybe? I just don't seem to be making money off them...

You can sell started birds, chicks, eggs, fertile(hatching)eggs, laying hens, breeding Roosters, and there are other things also I just can't think of them right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom