Raising Wood Ducks Indoors and I have Questions?

You said you had a hermit crab in there?? I wanna see it!!
big_smile.png

Interesting setup, looks nice. Can I ask why you chose wood ducks? There are lots of smaller wild ducks that would be less messy and flighty than the ol' woodrow.

DT

That's totally awesome!

I've tried growing grass indoors and it has never worked that great. Keeping the roots of the grass almost dry and keeping the patch within 6 inches of florescent grow lamps kept it going for the longest, yet it wasn't ever as tough as yard grass. Granted, you have much better lighting than the cheap florescent type, so not sure what the intensity difference would be. Grass in the PNW tends to end up dead when it goes soggy or is in the shadow outside.

Dr. Todd :

Interesting setup, looks nice. Can I ask why you chose wood ducks? There are lots of smaller wild ducks that would be less messy and flighty than the ol' woodrow.

DT

Wild wood ducks visit my parents pond in the spring but you can never get close enough to get a good look at them. What would you suggest?​

I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. really fantastic, but It's too bad they can't go outside. Thats the only thing that bothers me, but maybe it doesn't bother them and thats what counts. Merry Christmas.
wee.gif

I love the set up!! It seems like something that I would do, provoked by someone telling me that I couldn't
big_smile.png
I think it's wonderful!! I love the turtle! I had turtles for years and loved 'em!! A painted ( like yours) and a yellow bellied river turtle...cool...

Love it!

Back
Top Bottom