Ran out if Feed PLEASE HELP!!!

You should just buy a large bag of starter-grower which will be something you should feed them from day 1-week 20 (or until the first egg appears) I only had 4 chicks this summer and they they went through a 40 pound bag of starter-grower in 13 weeks! You’d be surprised that they could go through a bag that size
If I did that outside of my main 3 months, I'd just be constantly buying extra feed. I have tiny clutches of chicks all throughout the year and I don't trust keeping a single bag open more than a month.

I'll just stick with mash or crumbles layer feed for my chicks

I would rather feed layer for a week than try and guess what sort of nutritional profile I'm getting with a random mix of rice, yogurt, veggies, etc.

Layer feed is at least properly formulated for chickens, just high calcium and low protein relative to what you'd feed chicks. But a week of it shouldn't cause too many issues.

You should just buy a large bag of starter-grower which will be something you should feed them from day 1-week 20 (or until the first egg appears) I only had 4 chicks this summer and they they went through a 40 pound bag of starter-grower in 13 weeks! You’d be surprised that they could go through a bag that size
i buy the Purina start and grower 18%

Back
Top Bottom