Ran out of duck food can I feed just corn

Do your birds have access to forage? Do you have a pet store close by, or does your feed store sell alfalfa pellets? You can feed soaked alfalfa pellets along with some of the corn, fruits, veggies, and cooked scrambled eggs for a bit. That should provide somewhat balanced nutrition for a week until you can get food. Try Amazon as well like suggested.
I feel your pain, my feed store is quite a distance as well. I use Chewy.com for that reason.
No alfalfa pellets here (atleast i’ve never seen them) and mine won’t eat eggs or bread. Not sure why, just have never

Mine won’t eat bread. What fruits and vegetables would be good for them
Peas, watermelon. I feed mine frozen peas, thawed of course for a treat. Tomatoes romaine lettuce. Boiled eggs chopped up are a good source of protein. Macaroni, cooked. Potatoes cooked are a good duck food. All short term. Nothing beats duck chow.

They are molting 😭😭😭
No alfalfa pellets here (atleast i’ve never seen them) and mine won’t eat eggs or bread. Not sure why, just have never
What about Timothy grass, Orchard grass? Do you have cattle or horses in your area? Usually horse owners buy that for their horses. A store that has horse supplies will have it. Alfalfa is fed by some members on here soaked in the winter. Usually because of the limited forage.

I feel like this is one of those questions where you knew the answer before asking the question. And if the store is over an hour away, have you factored in the cost of driving in your time and fuel vs the extra cost of the feed to have it shipped? You need to factor in the value of the health of your ducks, too, especially if you’re just ordering once. My chewy orders usually arrive within 2-3 days of my order.

I feel like this is one of those questions where you knew the answer before asking the question. And if the store is over an hour away, have you factored in the cost of driving in your time and fuel vs the extra cost of the feed to have it shipped? You need to factor in the value of the health of your ducks, too, especially if you’re just ordering once. My chewy orders usually arrive within 2-3 days of my order.
I actually don’t know the answer, which is why I asked.

What about Timothy grass, Orchard grass? Do you have cattle or horses in your area? Usually horse owners buy that for their horses. A store that has horse supplies will have it. Alfalfa is fed by some members on here soaked in the winter. Usually because of the limited forage.
No farm animals here. Just dogs and cats. I’m weird for keeping ducks as pets apparently :confused:

Back
Top Bottom