Ran out of duck food can I feed just corn

I actually don’t know the answer, which is why I asked.
Just corn is definitely not ideal. It would be like you trying to eat white bread exclusively for two weeks to survive. You’d probably not be feeling super great. I also feel like any efforts to buy or find supplemental food sources will be further waste in time and money compared to just ordering a bag of feed. I do agree that it costs more to order feed, but when weighing all other elements of the equation, drive time, fuel costs, personal time, and the health of your flock should all be factored into the equation.

Do you know someone who could grab a bag for you? Could you ask someone on social media if they’ll be heading to town if they can get a bag of feed?

I feel like your best bet is giving dog food with lots of veggies on the side. Dog food will have grains and such like in duck food but higher protein. I would try and get a fish one of possible. It certainly won't be perfect, but I think it is your best option.

Out of duck food, can i feed just cracked corn for awhile? Feed store is about an hour away, and i’m super busy with work. Will they be ok for a week or two?
Please dont, corns a decent snack but thats horrible for their normal diet, i can suggest some good brands and prices to get some? Amazon and tractor supply co are nice.

I feel like your best bet is giving dog food with lots of veggies on the side. Dog food will have grains and such like in duck food but higher protein. I would try and get a fish one of possible. It certainly won't be perfect, but I think it is your best option.
Thats a good idea.
Maybe soak the food in advance so its easier to swallow. Dog food can be fairly large.

Please dont, corns a decent snack but thats horrible for their normal diet, i can suggest some good brands and prices to get some? Amazon and tractor supply co are nice.
The closest feed store is clean out of feed. I don't think the OP has other feed stores in the area. Just pet stores for dogs and cats. Op also said that Amazon would get here on Oct. 4th.
Makes the situation a bit more difficult. :)

Or cat food even. A fish formal may be more likely. Most dog foods with fish are limited ingredient and don't have grains. Just a ton of legumes.
I also have mealworm treat for them and then one of those treat square things from flock party treats company. Will a bit of those as a supplement help?

Back
Top Bottom