Random Chicks Dying

I'm stumped, honestly. My gut says it shouldn't be coccidiosis and it sounds more like overheating with the chicks wings being held out but your first batch was completely fine, and as long as your thermometer is correct you should have adequate warm/cool spots for the chicks.

rosemary the temp was 67 F last we heard in the brooder. Since then I am presuming temps were raised a bit so we can safely rule out over heating.
If the coccidiosis stops any further deaths great but it might also have been raising the temps slightly so we will never know for sure even if no more die.

I went out and forgot my hat last night walking the dog. Did I regret it afterwards, had a brain freeze headache for an hour to follow and I was thinking I'm a full grown man so how would a tiny chick feel if it got too cold.

I put a heated fan near the youngest group last week and raised the room temp to about 70-72.
One of the two passed last night. The other one is still acting off. While It will eat and drink it still Struggles to stand on both feet and falls onto its right side, using its wings to stabilize itself. We will see how today goes.

Back
Top Bottom