Random down hill fast

Jbc76

In the Brooder
May 2, 2023
My super sweet beautiful boy has fallen ill. Just finished a 3 day treatment of panacur, night b4 last I gave him a few blueberries and walked in up on my arm like usual to the boy coop for the night. Yesterday when heading out back to do the normal nightly routine I found him sitting on the bottom of the hen stall. I immediately picked him up to feel he was shaking and when I set him down to further evaluate him, he couldn't stand well. I gave him 2ml of nutri-drench and it didn't perk him up. This morning he can stand but sits shortly after. His pooh is like water. I was concerned about the color but I think it may be from the vitamin supplement. At 1st I thought it was a possible bleed internally, due to the brown red color. Can anyone offer a suggestion to help my sweet boy

What's his diet, age, crop feel like etc?
His crop is empty, I have been giving him vitamins and electrolytes w water via dropper. He moves but is weak, stands but not for long, not eating like he was 2 days ago that I have seen. I homeschool so I can't be with him to watch for long periods of time. All other hens and roosters seem to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom