Random duck in my backyard?

ErikBigD

Hatching
Feb 27, 2021
A Muscovy appeared two nights ago before a storm and I thought maybe it would leave in the morning. I gave it water and some lettuce to stay healthy but by the next morning she was still there. She doesn’t look sick and since it’s only one I don’t believe she’s nesting, so I’m not sure why it’s been two days now and she’s still here. She isn’t particularly amicable like most ducks, even waddles away when I feed her, so I’m not sure what’s going on. Maybe she can’t fly away or she just likes it here, but either way, thoughts?

Are you sure she's wild? Maybe someone dumped her, and she is staying there for shelter, and because she isn't wild.
I would’ve thought a domestic one would’ve been more inclined to humans, this one is too shy. We also have a 6 foot high wooden fence but I guess someone tall enough could’ve gotten her across. She doesn’t look ill at all, just a curious occurrence.

Attachments

• AA26DF9F-D640-44E6-BD69-8D22019DCACC.jpeg
    AA26DF9F-D640-44E6-BD69-8D22019DCACC.jpeg
    595.5 KB · Views: 16
I would’ve thought a domestic one would’ve been more inclined to humans, this one is too shy. We also have a 6 foot high wooden fence but I guess someone tall enough could’ve gotten her across. She doesn’t look ill at all, just a curious occurrence.
My ducks hate me, there super scared of me. Plus, if the person dumped her, I can't imagine they took the time to socialize her. I would look around, see if anyone is missing her. Do you know if she can fly?

My ducks hate me, there super scared of me. Plus, if the person dumped her, I can't imagine they took the time to socialize her. I would look around, see if anyone is missing her. Do you know if she can fly?
I’m not sure. She occasionally flaps her wings as if she is about to take off but doesn’t get anywhere. She has to waddle around place to place. Maybe she is clipped but it looks like she has all her wings.

I’m not sure. She occasionally flaps her wings as if she is about to take off but doesn’t get anywhere. She has to waddle around place to place. Maybe she is clipped but it looks like she has all her wings.
Domestic ducks aren't taught to, or bred to fly. My ducks do the same thing, they flap there wings like that as well. Will she come near you at all if you offer her duck food?

My ducks hate me too.... Won't eat treats or seem remotely interested in anything special I do for them. Dumb ducks... Or maybe I'm the dummy because I like them anyway.... 😂

I would be thrilled if a random duck showed up at my house.

Back
Top Bottom