Random panting in Duckling?

They may enjoy a lower temp around 80 just see how they react if they stay out from under the heat lamp you might want to go a little lower with the temp

How are the ducklings doing today? temps steady in the brooder?
Ducklings are getting very big! Temp isn’t as stable as I’d like, because of how much it’s fluxing outside, and inside (it’s stable inside now). Either way, their temp is at 80 or so, and they’re nice and warm when I pick them up. All seems well, as they’re not huddling or shivering! It spikes to 82 when the heater kicks on

How old are they? Sounds like they are doing good. Just remember each week the temp needs to drop 5* so by the time they are feathered in they will be ready for the out of doors. Also on nice days when it's above 70 they can have a field trip outside in a protected area another way to acclimate them to outdoor temps.

How old are they? Sounds like they are doing good. Just remember each week the temp needs to drop 5* so by the time they are feathered in they will be ready for the out of doors. Also on nice days when it's above 70 they can have a field trip outside in a protected area another way to acclimate them to outdoor temps.
I remember! a week old, now! I came in this morning and they were pretty far from the lamp (last night they were by it) so I raised it up, it was 79 in there. Forgot to check the temp before I left, but I will and update it here. The biggest duckling’s bill has gone dark!! She’s getting so big!

Back
Top Bottom