Random Pic's of My Rottweilers.

This a big misconception in the Rottweiler world, A German rottweiler is a Rotti that was born in Germany. A American Rottweiler is one that was born in America, A Itilain Rottweiler is one that was born in Italy, do you see where I am going with this. What people see are either Well Bred Rottweilers or poorly Bred Rottweilers that come from people that are only in it for the Money. My Female is wider then my Male, She is older My Male will still fill in prob for another two years before he is at his final size. My Female is a Import that is why she has her tail they don't Dock in most countries anymore. Both of mine come from working/show Back ground and have had extensive health clerance which is what you want in a well bred dog.

Please don't take my post as being nasty just want people to understand a little about this wonderful breed.

This a big misconception in the Rottweiler world, A German rottweiler is a Rotti that was born in Germany. A American Rottweiler is one that was born in America, A Itilain Rottweiler is one that was born in Italy, do you see where I am going with this. What people see are either Well Bred Rottweilers or poorly Bred Rottweilers that come from people that are only in it for the Money. My Female is wider then my Male, She is older My Male will still fill in prob for another two years before he is at his final size. My Female is a Import that is why she has her tail they don't Dock in most countries anymore. Both of mine come from working/show Back ground and have had extensive health clerance which is what you want in a well bred dog.

Please don't take my post as being nasty just want people to understand a little about this wonderful breed.

I don't take your post as nasty at all. I've always wondered about that, and unfortunately, since it is a misconception, it's too bad that is what alot of people think as true. I agree that what you see is a product of what type of breeder the dog came from. I know that some dogs, like Labs, have working lines and show lines, and you can see the difference. The working lines can be much more slender, where as the show, more stocky. I bet being a Rottie owner, you get annoyed with people saying stuff about the different lines. Sorry
smile.png
I wonder if the same is true of dogs like the German Shepherd. I know that some are bigger and stockier, while others have that (horrible, imo) sloped back. My dog trainer that I use, worked for the police force K9 unit, as does a friend of mines hubby. Both state that they get their German Shepherds from Germany, because they like the types of dogs that come from there overall, as opposed to the ones bred here in the states.

ah the German Shepherd has way more than 2 lines. You have:

American Show lines
American Working lines
American pet lines
German Working lines
German Show lines
Czech lines
maybe even a couple of others I'm not thinking of!

German lines are also a bit further divided between East German (DDR) and West German, even though it's all one country now.

Sorry for the thread hijack....

No Problem People always bring that up, My male is a first Gen American dog, His parents were Imported from Hungary from Working lines. Female Came from German lines and I got her from Canada. People also always think that Rottweilers should be 130 to 150 Lbs which is for the most part overweight for them. My Male is about 100 LB now Prob will finish off at about 115 to 120 LB, My Female stays between 110 and 120 LB depending on how much I am doing with her She a very Muscular dog.

Our K9's ( Shepherds ) for work have been coming from Czech lines.

Redyre Rottweilers So you have chickens also? I must say that I do like your dog's a lot, I don't reply to much on the other boards just read a lot. Nice to see you here also.

Back
Top Bottom