Random ramblings thread!!

JulyFly

Songster
Sep 16, 2018
Over Yander
Hi guys!
On this thread I thought since it is the “ Random ramblings “ forum section.... We could just chat, post our favorite pictures/ pics of our animals, recipes/food, etc etc! So let’s get it!!

!All BYC rules apply!

So have fun everyone!

I’ll start off...

Here’s a picture of two of my girls, they are red sex links!
CC14EB07-15C6-4DA8-BD88-B87D6301E403.jpeg

They are suuuuupper sweet! I also recently lost my barred rock rooster :hit and here’s a picture of him (I don’t think it graphic but just in case I’ll give a warning)
He also had wry neck and was t able to walk, he was nearly 2 years old. :)
05B561BE-690E-450A-845F-9B2CB0E8E610.jpeg

I hope everyone enjoys this thread!!

Hi guys!
On this thread I thought since it is the “ Random ramblings “ forum section.... We could just chat, post our favorite pictures/ pics of our animals, recipes/food, etc etc! So let’s get it!!

!All BYC rules apply!

So have fun everyone!

I’ll start off...

Here’s a picture of two of my girls, they are red sex links!
View attachment 1539085
They are suuuuupper sweet! I also recently lost my barred rock rooster :hit and here’s a picture of him (I don’t think it graphic but just in case I’ll give a warning)
He also had wry neck and was t able to walk, he was nearly 2 years old. :)
View attachment 1539086

I hope everyone enjoys this thread!!

Geezzz your girls look like my Hazel!

I had 5 3 year old that started me with chicken keeping but we had a big problem with raccoons and they somehow got in the coop and killed 2 just this past spring we expanded, we built a big coop but the 3 adults are still in their old coop until they are the same size as the others, we got 15 from a hatchery and 13 survived to go outside, then something got 7 of them, no trace no feathers or blood the first night they were put!! We fixed up the coop so nothing would get in, but what we think was a mountain lion tore the chicken wire off the coop and killed all of them, except ONE friends of ours hatched out chickens (17) we later lost 2 of them but we put it in with the one from the hatchery even though it was a bit bigger because she was pretty lonely and we made sure they got along! We only saw taps and squeaks. One of the 17 actually got its wing torn off but was treated and still doing good! We have a few roos but they barely crow (they are still young) we have too many (they were a part of the 17) so we are giving them away they are so pretty!! XD but I’m probably the only one that thinks that!

I had 5 3 year old that started me with chicken keeping but we had a big problem with raccoons and they somehow got in the coop and killed 2 just this past spring we expanded, we built a big coop but the 3 adults are still in their old coop until they are the same size as the others, we got 15 from a hatchery and 13 survived to go outside, then something got 7 of them, no trace no feathers or blood the first night they were put!! We fixed up the coop so nothing would get in, but what we think was a mountain lion tore the chicken wire off the coop and killed all of them, except ONE friends of ours hatched out chickens (17) we later lost 2 of them but we put it in with the one from the hatchery even though it was a bit bigger because she was pretty lonely and we made sure they got along! We only saw taps and squeaks. One of the 17 actually got its wing torn off but was treated and still doing good! We have a few roos but they barely crow (they are still young) we have too many (they were a part of the 17) so we are giving them away they are so pretty!! XD but I’m probably the only one that thinks that!
So sorry for your losses! :hugs Great story though! :)

A mountain lion!!!! Omg when I read that I got chills!

Back
Top Bottom