Random white eggs

I have found 3 very large white eggs with my normal brown eggs. I have 4 2 year old isa browns. Thoughts?

I have found 3 very large white eggs with my normal brown eggs. I have 4 2 year old isa browns. Thoughts?
I've had the same experience, with a young Australorp, (brown egg-layer). This bird is a bit of a trickster, which is why she's named "Joker", I just never know what surprise I'll find in her nest box. She's my smallest hen, yet has laid eggs so large, that I've gone back over her to check her for prolapse..How does a hen this small, lay these huuuuge huge eggs?
And then there was the day she left a super-sized - white - egg. My guess is it's a double-yolked egg. I've put it into a lime solution, for use later this winter. There are no other chicken owners in my urban neighborhood, and my coop remains locked until I get home from work, each afternoon, no way could any other bird have visited. It's a mystery to me, why this happened, but it did, and only once, so far.

I've had the same experience, with a young Australorp, (brown egg-layer). This bird is a bit of a trickster, which is why she's named "Joker", I just never know what surprise I'll find in her nest box. She's my smallest hen, yet has laid eggs so large, that I've gone back over her to check her for prolapse..How does a hen this small, lay these huuuuge huge eggs?
And then there was the day she left a super-sized - white - egg. My guess is it's a double-yolked egg. I've put it into a lime solution, for use later this winter. There are no other chicken owners in my urban neighborhood, and my coop remains locked until I get home from work, each afternoon, no way could any other bird have visited. It's a mystery to me, why this happened, but it did, and only once, so far.
Thank you! Good to know I'm not the only one. Updates to follow.....

@mamalu , I’ve just read through this whole thread, and am so curious to learn what the answer is to this mystery! Did you find double yolks in these? Or did you make some other determination?
It remains a mystery! No more large white eggs and I haven't cracked them open yet. No other birds could access the coop, and no pranksters either.

I also have ISA Browns. In October of last year, I acquired a white bird which, at the time, I didn't know was a rooster. Maybe a month later, I got what looked like a white egg and thought it was from the new white chicken. Once I realized that white bird was a rooster, I realized the white egg was a very pale brown egg. I guess it just happens occasionally. I've only had that one.

Found a 4th when I got home from vacation. Cracked them open with my granddaughter. Looked normal except there was a membrane in each one. Will attempt to post photos

Attachments

• 5EAE1B3F-2477-465D-97DE-7C5DE3DC1E97.jpeg
    5EAE1B3F-2477-465D-97DE-7C5DE3DC1E97.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom