Range of Symptoms That I Can't Figure Out

How old is she and where did you get her?
I agree that it sounds like something is blocking her from swallowing and it may be something like canker or possible linked to the neurological issue..... I'm leaning towards Marek's disease. The nerves control muscles and if the nerves in her neck or oesophagus are affected, that will make swallowing difficult, so if you can't find any plaques or lesions in her mouth, that may be the issue along with the difficulty keeping her eye open. You might also find that she has difficulty focusing that eye and her pupils are different sizes.
If you want to try to save her and it isn't canker, tube feeding would be the thing to try. This involves buying a catheter and guiding it down into her crop and then stringing water and then Kaytee Baby Bird food formula directly into her crop through the tube.
If it is canker then I would not advise trying to insert a catheter and treatment with appropriate medication would be the way to go.
I currently have a rooster with Marek's and whilst he is disinterested in regular food he is keen to eat cat food.... the pate type meat stuff that comes in aluminium trays. I cut it up into small pieces and he is taking that, so that might be something else to try along with scrambled egg.

Good luck with her but prepare yourself for the worst and consider euthanizing if she deteriorates further. If she cannot swallow water, sadly she will not last long.

I was talking to my mom earlier and they had been vaccinated for Marek's however it's supposed to be done so it shouldn't be that. I don't know what else it could be I'm so upset.

Did you get a chance to look in her beak? [Sorry if you mentioned that and I missed it]

I didn't find anything that looked unusual and my mom said the vets didn't think there was anything unusual with her beak. When I tried however, she pooped at me I think out of anger haha. I managed to take a picture of it. It also smells like sulfur/rotten eggs if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• 20180317_040805.jpg
    20180317_040805.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 5
Also when I try mess with her front like feeling around she always rears back like a t rex. Don't know if that's normal behavior but she seems to be rearing back and maybe a little bit uncoordinated. Her left eye is going a little bit lazy but it looks like any swollen eye would.

Update: She stands up but only for like 30 seconds to 2 minutes at a time. I think she's just too weak. If anyone can put these symptoms together please help me out.

Update: She stands up but only for like 30 seconds to 2 minutes at a time. I think she's just too weak. If anyone can put these symptoms together please help me out.
Have you been able to up her protein and vitamin level? This absolutely will help her - even if you have to open her beak and put it in.
As @rebrascora said, she does appear to be manifesting Marek's symptoms (which range very widely from the classic paralysis to crop issues, balance issues, and really anything cancer associated - because it is lymphoma). Vaccination is only about 90% effective, depending on whether it was administered correctly with the proper quarantine time after hatch. The vaccine also doesn't prevent a bird from acquiring the virus, it just usually prevents the lesions that kill the bird.
With serious supportive care, birds can rally, and even function normally for extended periods of time. But it is very important to begin with protein and vitamins.

Update: She's standing up and walking around. Just got home haven't seen if she's been eating or not though. She sounds louder now too I'm not sure what this means.

Back
Top Bottom