Rant .... Gaah.

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
I risk sounding like a stupid snob here, but I am so over it already and the day has barely begun! (It's morning recess as I type this) There was obviously some massive party on the weekend and all I can hear in the locker room and all through class is stories about who drank how much and who did what with who when they were drunk... it's enough to drive me up the wall. Thankfully my school is one where this sort of stuff isn't as prominent as some others I know, maybe because it's an all girls school, but when it does start it gets pretty intense. Talk about this party has been going for weeks already, and although it IS none of my business I wish they'd at least give it a break during class...! Now I am going to proceed to get laughed at and called a party pooper, because I don't go out and drink on the weekends, by anyone who reads this.
Rant over.

I hear the same thing from my daughter, who is now a senior in high school. Just know in your heart, you did the right thing. You chose to do other activities that don't involve getting drunk or pregnant. You took the high road, which isn't always easy. Think of it this way...you didn't drink and pass out, so these stories aren't about you! Imagine hearing over and over at school what you did when you were drunk at that party. Now you can say, "I didn't go, I was____ instead. I'm so glad I wasn't around all those people getting drunk and ruining their reputations." I know, easier said than done, but have peace in your heart about your decision. High school is so tough, but life does get much better once you're out of there. God bless, and keep making the right choices in life. You're young, you've got so much ahead of you.
hugs.gif

Thank you. :) I'm glad to hear that there are folks who understand... right now, even the people who I thought previously were rather docile when it came to this kind of thing, have their own stories. I was rather shocked :lol:

And yea, I do feel glad that I wasn't there, some of the stories sounded very out there. o-o I don't think I'm ever going to be able to get into the party scene like some of the other girls I know, but then again I'm also glad about that!
Thank you again, guys. :hugs

Last edited:
I was never into parties either. Didn't go to them when I was in highschool and very rarely went to any in college. I'm not really a drinker, other than an occasional glass of wine or fancy drink here and there. Talk about how drunk someone got and what stupid things they did always irked me. I really don't think blacking out and puking the whole next day is anything to brag about, let alone be proud of. I am of the belief that I do not need alcohol to have fun, so you are definitely NOT alone. In fact, most of the friends I choose to surround myself with now are the same way.

Believe me, you are choosing the responsible path and don't let anyone ever peer pressure you into thinking you need to drink to be "cool". When confronted about why you may not have gone to the party you can just say you had other plans, but had just as much fun. I've even used my hobbies as an excuse.

Just try to drown out the stupid people and choose friends that like to do things you like to do, so that you won't feel pressured to go to any of those silly parties. Your future will thank you for it!

I dont think your a snob. I did my fair share of socializing when I was a teen but I have never understood how people can pay so much for school and have it be something so important for there futur and all they do is party and drink o.o regardless of if your a party or social person it makes no sense to do that in the few years of college when its so important to get good grades and learn, you have the rest of your life for nonsense if you want it
hu.gif

Last edited:
Chickerdoodle, you sound like me. :lol:
There are approximately two other people in my year level who weren't at the party, and they are both my friends. Birds of a feather flock together, as they say :p
Oh well, I suppose I might never get to understand everyone's different viewpoints, given the vast number of them.

Gabrielle, so right! I can only imagine it will go up a notch when and if I decide to go to uni, when I will probably be needing out somewhere, or on BYC :lol:

I was too busy with horses to be worried about parties and boys. Several of my schoolmates were dead by the time they were 18 because of partying.

I've heard some horrific stories of teen deaths at/after parties. A friend of a friend of mine even got shot at a party (he survived). So, personally, I think you're being sensible staying in with your family and friends and us, of course.

Back
Top Bottom