RANT!!!! My husband killed my favorite hen!! R all hubbys this dumb??

Status
Not open for further replies.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Oh the stories I would tell!

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

If the bird died from dehydration, that did not happen in a 12 hour period. Sounds like they didn't have enough water to begin with regardless of the dry waterbowl.

I just love these Bash the Husband threads, maybe some of you old hens need to take a look in the mirror to see what your Dear Old Hubbies might have as complaints about you!​

If the bird died from dehydration, that did not happen in a 12 hour period. Sounds like they didn't have enough water to begin with regardless of the dry waterbowl.

I just love these Bash the Husband threads, maybe some of you old hens need to take a look in the mirror to see what your Dear Old Hubbies might have as complaints about you!

Hey I ain't going there!

All I was doing was applying simple logic to the situation as described.

Seems like they is a lot of people, male and female, who throw the drama card down before they put the thinking cap on.​

Sounds like the husband has done chores before......because if this was his first time, it should have been double checked.

NO ONE! can do my chores like I do....... no matter how good of job they do...... they do not know the animals, like I do, they would not notice if one was not acting right or something was different than normal.

When I leave the farm and have people filling in doing chores...... I make sure there are extra waterers and EVERY feeder is overfilled. so that if something is missed they will still be alright; even if I have to stay up most of the night getting it done.

divorce. lol. Thank gosh I am single, I would really serve him some papers and tell him to giddy on up giddy on out.
smile.png

I am so sorry for your loss on a serious note though
sad.png
I hope everything is going ok now though!

im sorry you lost your hen.

but as it goes around here, if I dont do it it doesnt get done "right" ...
roll.png
i.e my way lol.

maybe your husband was indeed in a hurry and since they are YOUR birds, he did not think that one bowl would not hold them over.

can't fault him if it's not his responsibility or thing. He hopefully just didnt think it was " a big deal" to only fill one bowl.

but, it's 90-100 degrees in georgia. I water my 15 chickens once a day in a commercial buffet platter ( you know, the huge metal pans) it's in the shade and its never dry... occasionally nasty from te ducks reaching thru the fence and cleaning their beaks but never dry. so i have a hard time imagining that you water daily either. not in the north with 3 water sources. Hopefully he did not just flat out not do it, but you have to give him credit for even trying.

and as for his not "allowing" you to check your animals, you could have gotten up earlier and beaten him to it.

either way, it sucks but your both at fault here.

I just love these Bash the Husband threads, maybe some of you old hens need to take a look in the mirror to see what your Dear Old Hubbies might have as complaints about you!

I'm not husband bashing, if it had been the wife lying instead of the husband would you say I was wife-bashing??
tongue.gif
I make my share of mistakes, but I own up to them. Around here we make sure the animals are taken care of-----period. We have a pet boarding & grooming facility, we simply cannot make mistakes. No matter if they are ours or others, it is our responsibility to make sure they are safe and well taken care of. They don't make the choice to be owned by us, therefore we must be sure their needs are met.
Sorry if this offends, but it's our creed here.
Slinky​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom