RANT!!!! My husband killed my favorite hen!! R all hubbys this dumb??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Feathers

former Fattie
11 Years
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
My Coop
My Coop
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
We had to leave early this morning (I am a night person) so hubby did the chores. He rushed me out the door, wouldn't even let me check on our kitty with a swollen foreskin), so off we went. All day in intense heat. I grilled him: you fed/watered everybody, right? YES he insisted. When we got home tonight my favorite (and my only Lavender) Cochin bantam hen lay dead next to the huge dry waterbowl (both bowls and the rabbit water bottle were bone dry)!!!!! Arrrghhhhh!!! Grrrrrr!!! Are all husbands so dumb or is it just mine?? I could kill him, I loved my "Zoe".
hit.gif
hit.gif

hugs.gif
I am so sorry....I am sure that he did it by accident, but that fact does not make it hurt any less.

Yes, all husbands can be so dumb sometimes...just like when my DH goes into the pheasant coop and leaves the door wide open. He still seems to be amazed when one of the pheasants fly out the door! This has happened more than once.
roll.png

Quote:
Better yet, next time I just won't go! He can go see his friends/family ALL BY HIMSELF. We'll see how he likes that!

Quote:
Nope, the cat was in his own 8X8X8 pen with 2 big bowls of nice cold water. He wouldn't do that anyway. He's a good cat.

Devils advocate here. We have two HUGE barrels for our horses water. In this intense heat here, they need to be filled twice a day. If we are not gonna be home all day, we have a kid in the neighborhood fill it. The chickens?? We re-positioned the duck pond so they could have water. Their bowls dry up 4 times a day right now.

I am very sorry for your loss too. It is sooo hard to lose a favorite bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom