RANT!!!! My husband killed my favorite hen!! R all hubbys this dumb??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Funky Feathers, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] We had to leave early this morning (I am a night person) so hubby did the chores. He rushed me out the door, wouldn't even let me check on our kitty with a swollen foreskin), so off we went. All day in intense heat. I grilled him: you fed/watered everybody, right? YES he insisted. When we got home tonight my favorite (and my only Lavender) Cochin bantam hen lay dead next to the huge dry waterbowl (both bowls and the rabbit water bottle were bone dry)!!!!! Arrrghhhhh!!! Grrrrrr!!! Are all husbands so dumb or is it just mine?? I could kill him, I loved my "Zoe". [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Oh Stephanie I'm so sorry! [​IMG]

3. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    Sorry to hear of your loss.. But all men are not like that! Dont feed or water him for a week...[​IMG]

4. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Sorry [​IMG]

Guess next time just get enough sleep so you can do it yourself. [​IMG]

5. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Thanks, Zoe was very special to me. She was very photogenic, even as a chick! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    [​IMG] I am so sorry....I am sure that he did it by accident, but that fact does not make it hurt any less.

Yes, all husbands can be so dumb sometimes...just like when my DH goes into the pheasant coop and leaves the door wide open. He still seems to be amazed when one of the pheasants fly out the door! This has happened more than once. [​IMG]

7. acdoc

acdoc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    shenadoah valley
    i betcha the cat drank it.

8. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:Better yet, next time I just won't go! He can go see his friends/family ALL BY HIMSELF. We'll see how he likes that!

9. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:Nope, the cat was in his own 8X8X8 pen with 2 big bowls of nice cold water. He wouldn't do that anyway. He's a good cat.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Devils advocate here. We have two HUGE barrels for our horses water. In this intense heat here, they need to be filled twice a day. If we are not gonna be home all day, we have a kid in the neighborhood fill it. The chickens?? We re-positioned the duck pond so they could have water. Their bowls dry up 4 times a day right now.

I am very sorry for your loss too. It is sooo hard to lose a favorite bird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by