RANT - she stole my ribbons! ( slightly long)

I'm one of those people that would love to be able to laugh and be friends with everybody. No matter what the person is like I try, so I understand where you are coming from. When ever a person hurts me in some way I get this nasty pit in my stomach and I feel horrible for days. So I know what's going through your mind.

But, I have learned that there will be people like this and no matter how much it hurts, you need to disconnect yourself from them. call it a lesson learned. I'm afraid she will do it again and you also have to look at the bigger picture. With just this one picture, if you don't report her, she may get a scholar ship or a prize of money that really could have helped your future. She is also taking credit and getting awarded for something that she doesn't deserve.

I have seen your photography too and you could really go places with it. Think of it this way, what happens if you enter another pic and she reports you for stealing her work when it's really your own. Or maybe she does this to someone else. That just keeps the hurt going, it needs to stop.

I believe she is a "bag egg" pun intended. Please take everybody's advice and drop her and report what she is doing.

hugs.gif

Julie

If she was a real friend...she would tell everyone what she did herself...I'd give her that option..and if she wont do it..then I'D tell people what she did! But at least give her the option to do the right thing.

Quote:
I have to agree with what others have said. She's not your friend; a friend would not do what she's done and when a friend makes an honest mistake, she apologizes for it and does whatever necessary to make it right.

My guess would be that she's one of those people who has no real friends because she is no real friend. You reap what you sow.

You aren't obligated to be her friend and take care of her, and certainly not when she finds herself in this situation because of her own choices in how to treat others. You're showing more respect and consideration for somebody who has betrayed you and lied to you than you are for yourself. I hope you take a stand, but either way, I wish you the best with your photography and congratulations on the awards won so far.

"Forgive those who trespass" and "turn the other cheek" is all well and good BUT...

Forgiving her for the FIRST time is one thing, repeat behavior is not acceptable.

The bible teaches to turn the other cheek but it does NOT say what to do once you've been slapped again...you only have two cheeks afterall.

That is theft of property. Period. Somehow I don't think Ansel Adams would take kindly his photos being stolen.

I don't know of this helps...But any picture you take is your copywright. She has stolen your propery and reproduced it without your permission. That is copywright Infrigement in the UK.

That is a legal matter, look into it... you could just mention in passing that you have had a lawyer looking into that particular subject....

Just plant the seed, she may go away of her own accord?

My dad is a photographer, and he has had this happen, and thats what he did...seemed to work for him. Although he never got any true retribution, he never saw the theif again.

Pictures were safe...

good luck

Could this maybe be one example of why people were using her~maybe they were able to see through her true colors...some people will do anything for personal gain even if it hurts the ones that care about them the most.

Trust me sweetie, when you gain something that's not rightfully yours you will never keep it...she will be found out in time. And somehow, someway those ribbons and certificates will cause her to feel guilty for what she has done.
hide.gif

Can you prove the first picture was yours??
Then tell her you can and offer her the option of outing herself or you will do it for her.

There is a mental disorder called borderline personality disorder. Those who have it appear to be incredible victims of people who have used and abused them. they are very appealing to rescuers. Then they use and abuse the rescuer until they finally use them up and the person has to get firm with them. Then they find a new rescuer, blame the last person for hurting them and the cycle starts all over again.

They are VERY manipulative, especially of kind people. Forgiving some one for stealing your intellectual property does not help anyone. Her, you and the system that is judging the work are ALL damaged by the act and your failure to stand up for yourself. Standing up for yourself is MUCH easier said than done, I know. But, what about the person who hires her or recommends her based on her winning a prize she did not earn?

she continued to enter it after you confronted her? Thats not much of a friend. First time, ok , second time
smack.gif
She has no respect for you.

Back
Top Bottom