RANT - she stole my ribbons! ( slightly long)

Wow.... being that I am a photographer and an artist who likes to enter competitions... I would have been unable to let that pass the first time around. In my book that is a serious offense. Theft and plagiarism? Friends don't use you... I'd be wondering what else she's done? She did none of the work for that picture. You did. So technically? Those are your ribbons. I'd ask her to fork all of them over to you. After all, it was your picture and your work that won, not hers.

This person is not a friend, and never was. Friends don't steal from one another, and lie when confronted. She used your talent to win aclaim for herself. She used you! This is not a nice person, and is not deserving of your friendship. There is a good chance that those other friends of hers removed her from their circle for similar reasons. This person is unethical, unloyal, dishonest, glory-seeking and backbiting. Why would you want to continue the friendship? If you decide to continue the friendship, be prepared for more lies, backstabbing and underhanded conduct. She will hurt you, and never show any remorse.

Report her, and cut her off completely. She is toxic, and will only cause you grief.

Quote:
One more question. Was this a digital file or a film photo? If you can find either the original file or the original roll of film, I would take it to the people running those competitions and show them, and explain that this woman stole your image and slapped her name on it. It might bring the friendship to an immediate halt, but frankly she isn't worth worrying about. Get credit for your work!!

P.S. - Do you have a website up? I'd really like to see your stuff.
smile.png
I've been working on formatting all of my stuff to upload to my site. It's just been taking me forever.

Last edited:
WOW that's all I can say is WOW
sad.png
...I feel terrible for you, bless your heart. I am sure you are in an emotional whirlwind at this point. I would be so heart broken that a "friend" could do something like that. IMO that really crosses the line, you are correct you should have told her when you confronted her that yes indeed she will take it out of the district competition. First there is no way I could steal. period. Second , claim something to be my work that is not. No! No! Then last but not least ...she aknowledged it was indeed your photo and had the audassity (hope I spelled that right) to say " I won't put it in the district "
ep.gif
....REALLY
tongue.gif
. Seriously a true friend would not do that....heck I'm a stranger and I would never do that. People in there right mind know right from wrong ...it's the choosing to do right over wrong. Good Luck and again bless your heart, don't let folks step on you.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I dont have a site, ive thought about it. Ive got a lot of pictures I could put on one, but im not sure if my pictures would be good enough for something like that.

You sound like I did a few years ago.
smile.png
My mom kept going
barnie.gif
every time I would say something like that. Remember, photography is a form of art, and everyone's tastes in art varies. Some will love your work, others won't. What really matters is if YOU love it. If you love it, then believe in it, and yourself.
smile.png

ETA: Based on all the ribbons YOUR work is winning, I'd say it's good enough!

Last edited:
She brought the friendship to an end, not you, by the way she acted. If the friendship was that important to her, she wouldn't have done it.

Goat_Walker don't sell yourself short when thinking about putting your work on a website. You are already winning with your work and obviously, other people like it to or they wouldn't be taking it from you...(which we all know is WAY WRONG).

If you can put your work up GO FOR IT you have a lot of support right here from the BYC people. Come on show us what ya got...who knows it may just open some big doors for you.

So just walk right around this girl and do what you know to do...those who are following the right path will most often succeed and if this is something you are passionate about it will all work out for you...as for those stealing your work...well trust me there will be many bumps in her road along the way.

Last edited:
Are you serious that you are still friends with her? I second what Cara said.

I'd drop her immediately. She's not a friend, and she's not worth having in your life. She's a liar and a thief, and that's about it.

I can't believe she did that to you!! I would be flaming mad.

I had a "friend" like that once...... she tried to steal the book I was writing................... I took her and her barrister on, by myself, and won! copywrite was mine! . never spoken to her since and she still hangs her head every time we come across each other...........

Ditch your "friend" because she is not one..... nor has she owned up............... I learned a good lesson, and one that I will never repeat again..............you will find true friends along the avenues of life......... those that will congratulate you on your art not steal it and the limelight......
hugs.gif
to you.....

Back
Top Bottom