Rant

I wonder if you posted a sign stating Cauttion, that your mailbox was re-inforced if you would still be responisible for injuries... I am sure it would just make it a target for every delinquent for twenty miles, but a game camera would catch each and every single one in the act. Might be worth it.

Quote:
That wouldn't be a bad idea except that the post office is a good 15 minutes away. It's not a trip I'd like to make every day especially with the gas prices so high.

Quote:
That wouldn't be a bad idea except that the post office is a good 15 minutes away. It's not a trip I'd like to make every day especially with the gas prices so high.

Yea that would be a trip every day...of course you don't really need to check the box every day...once a week would be fine.

When I was a teenager we lived in New Mexico for a couple of years because of my dad's job...he was doing some estimating work for a mining company that was about to start up a new job.

We were 100 miles from the nearest town and we went into town once a month to buy groceries and pick up our mail. It never caused us any problems that I can remember; I really loved it there.

Around here the police have written so many "vandalized mailbox" reports that they honestly do not mind a bit if you decide to exact revenge. One of my friends used his workplace welding rig and welded two huge pieces of steel pipe together. There was one pipe that was the pole, sunk into the ground with concrete, with rebar going up through the middle. The rebar was bent into a cage around the standard post-office-approved mailbox, and then there was a huge 10" diameter steel pipe welded around the mailbox/rebar contraption. Their neighbor ran into it while driving drunk and totaled her car. Mailbox was fine. Cops reckoned it was her own fault for DUI, so...

DH's trick: Sink two steel pipes into the ground on either side of a basic mailbox/pole setup. Encase the whole thing in a decorative artsy thing with, you know, the nature theme of your choice. When the brats drive by with their baseball bat, they will break either the bat, the car window behind them, or their arms.

Quote:

Yea that would be a trip every day...of course you don't really need to check the box every day...once a week would be fine.

When I was a teenager we lived in New Mexico for a couple of years because of my dad's job...he was doing some estimating work for a mining company that was about to start up a new job.

We were 100 miles from the nearest town and we went into town once a month to buy groceries and pick up our mail. It never caused us any problems that I can remember; I really loved it there.

Once a month???!!!
th.gif

That could never work for me. I'm a mail junkie!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom