Rant

Quote:
How about tipping sleeping cows?

yuckyuck.gif
..i remember kids doing that when i was a teen!...LOL....i always hated to hear about it!!..poor cows!..they used to get the mushrooms from the cow fields also....
pop.gif

This thread reminds me of a recent episode of CSI. A guy put up a concrete mailbox to get back at the kids that were smashing the real ones, and the when they came back the next night, the kid that was doing the swinging ended up hitting the concrete box, flew out of the car, and died. And guess what? The owner of the mailbox ended up being charged with manslaughter. I know it's just a T.V show, but I'm just sayin'.
wink.png

i have the same problem here, its teens and some adults that go around and do that. they dismantle and take the mailbox with post if they can get it down the road. the fancy plastic boxes or the post and box that looks nice is a big target. but for the metal boxes they drive and hit the boxes with a metal bat, from what im told people who do that love the shock that you get when you hit it with a metal bat. i dunno know but i think if they stick metal wires in a light socket you get the same pleasure as with hitting mail boxes. cars isnt so bad when it comes to people hitting them. try the ignorant people who take thier snowmobiles in your yard, and i mean ALL over your yard. i thought about putting metal post in and if they hit it splat snowmobile no good and the person goes flying in the snow bank. i think that justice since in the country they dont anything about vanadlism or anything else.

it is part of the graduation requirements at the local high school. quick story: about 10 years ago 1a.m. i am awakened by someone hitting neighboors 4 full trash cans. i am immediality up and out of bed and out the door. they are gone and trash is EVERYWHERE. so i think hmm.. they'll be back because my cans are there by the road on my side, and they could not possible resist. now it's 1 in the morning, i am in shorts, t-shirt and fuzzy slippers. i have long curly hair that is pretty wild at this point, AND i am not a small girl. AND i have a baseball bat. i step back behind the wooded fence line and i hear them coming. WHAM!!!! they hit my can---little did they know--i have this old galvenised(sp) garbage can, it is so heavy the garbage men won't even pick it up, they just take the trash out of it.(i don't blame them, its a permanet fixture).....and they are stuck on top of it. i jump out of the bushes swinging the bat yelling call the po-lice, call the po-lice. (no one is up at the time but me, so i don't know who i was hoping would call) tire are a spinnin' reverse- forward- reverse. both doors pop open, i head toward them -- both doors slam shut. i am yellin' like a crazy woman "i've got you now whoo hoo i got you!!!!". they are currently buried in the chicken coop--oh i mean they did finally manage to get off of the can and go zooming off, the can still lives today. that was 10 years ago and my mailbox was tagged with a bat for the first time last night.....
roll.png

I don't even remember how many times my mailbox had to be replaced. Around here it's called "Mailbox Baseball". If you call the police to report it they say, "Yeah, we know. There were a lot of reports last night". So I don't even bother any more.

Yep drove out of my neigborhood this morning heading to work and they hit a ton of mailboxes. Jeez and I thought Mine was special.
lau.gif

It seems to go in spurts around here. A few years ago we woke to a strange mailbox in our ditch, post and all. They tried to steal ours but couldn't quite get it out.

Back
Top Bottom