Rare assortment pullets

cholmberg

Songster
10 Years
Jan 14, 2010
Lewisburg, wv
Meyer had some Black Copper Marans come available, so I snagged a few, but filled the rest of the order with rare pulley assortment. Some are obvious...a blue Orpington (they banded that one), two lavender Orpingtons, a blue Cochin, but a few I have no idea.
There are two of these.

07EBB747-E8A0-4B10-A05C-8D72537E7A04.jpeg
D3E669C3-00F2-410B-BC9C-23FDE9BDDF89.jpeg

And this one won’t cooperate, but it has pale yellow breast and underside and orange legs:
874E3DCE-12E8-4B42-9C67-8CD03D9FBA5C.jpeg

I can’t match these up with the list given for rare breed assortment. I thought the little spotted ones look like Egyptian fayoumi, but I am in no way sure. The little brown one...not a clue, Easter Egger?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 4A2CA8AC-7852-4E9C-8A61-9C4E8E384AE7.jpeg
    4A2CA8AC-7852-4E9C-8A61-9C4E8E384AE7.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 8
I’m not sure on the second one, but I believe that the first is an Egyptian Fayoumi. It looks just like the one I got from Meyer.

9E9CEC06-B852-42B1-BF32-A1C646491F48.jpeg

It’s one of my favorite chicks—a bit skittish, but really quick and and fun to watch. Definitely has it’s own personality. Mine is 4 weeks old and it’s brown is disappearing and being replaced by black and white.

Interesting! They aren't listed as being in the assortment, but they do have the open-ended statement of 'and other rare offerings' . . .They arrived a bit lethargic, but I gave them some vitamins and they perked right up and they are very -fast-. . .even for chicks. And yes, seem extremely skittish. So I may have guessed right on those. I hope they will do alright with mountain winters. They are much smaller than the other chicks, but I guess that is normal.

A better picture of the second chick and a third one I haven’t figured out. I am hoping for speckled Sussex on the brown one.
6B225F94-2FAB-4A47-BCAF-43CC3F099304.jpeg
398FECDE-7132-4BD5-8C8C-43FBA9988B56.jpeg

single comb, barred rock is not one of their offerings for this assortment, but I did get the meal maker, so I guess it could be the meal maker in the bunch. I certainly wouldn't object to a barred rock, the ones I had before were nice girls, good layers. That would help me out because I have a bright yellow chick and a peachy colored chick not identified yet, if this is the meal maker (common) chick, that would narrow down the choices for those other ones.

I’m not sure on the second one, but I believe that the first is an Egyptian Fayoumi. It looks just like the one I got from Meyer.

View attachment 1315787

It’s one of my favorite chicks—a bit skittish, but really quick and and fun to watch. Definitely has it’s own personality. Mine is 4 weeks old and it’s brown is disappearing and being replaced by black and white.
X2 about it being a Fayoumi.

Yeah, I don’t think it is either. But that baby does not match any chicks on there that is included in the rare assortment. So that only leaves Easter Egger. But it also doesn’t look like any EE chick I have seen. Most of the rarest ones are handed now, to help with ID. Has no band either.

Back
Top Bottom