Rare assortment pullets

So I guess the brown chicks are as Obicat guessed. . . .Swedish Flower, crested variety? How neat. The other one looks a little different from her, but they looked exactly the same as chicks. She's a drama queen too. :)

#1. What color are the legs? It seems to be a splash bird....possibly Blue Splash Marans?
#2. Cuckoo Marans
#3. Goodness, if that's the same feather-legged baby, its legs aren't green! :eek::lol: Light Brahma. :)
#4. Definite Swedish Flower Hen. :love Not all SFHs have crests; it seems to be a varied breed. :)

~Alex

#1 has orange/yellow legs. I thought of splash something too, since it was a pure yellow chick .. but now has seemingly random dark spots and white feathers coming in. Pretty big.

#2 cuckoo marans would be awesome. I love Marans.

#3 same baby. Only feather legged in the lot except my BCM ones.

#4 pleased about Swedish Flower because I have never had a bird with speckles or spangles and the adults are beautiful! Plus my husband’s family is of Swedish descent.

I’ve been very impressed with what they have sent me in the assortment so far. A lot of variety.
2 lavender Orpington
2 Egyptian fayoumi
1 blue Orpington
2 Swedish Flower
1 Light Brahma
1 likely cuckoo marans

4 still unknown. 3 rares and a meal maker.

Thought I would post updated pics since they will be six weeks Monday. I partitioned off part of the coop for them so they could meet the big girls for a while. The big girls were intrigued for all of five minutes. Lol.

84F38C33-3BE1-4FE4-BB94-0CCC67E7EEC0.jpeg

Columbian Wyandotte?

CFE2F1D4-BB68-4F03-858A-9E9191896E06.jpeg

Do we still think this is a light Brahma? She doesn’t look like other light Brahma’s I’ve seen pictures of. She is totally adorable and my favorite.

91AEA974-2D10-4D28-B136-D9A49ED700ED.jpeg

Have no idea. Cuckoo marans? But not really barred, and not speckled, but kind of both.

BACD8C2C-512F-4273-AFD6-6CE9046A62C1.jpeg

This Swedish Flower is just beautiful. She is definitely the beauty queen of the whole lot. The other Swedish is more gray.

0D484FDF-5FB9-4AD8-B788-93B43D72B639.jpeg

The red one is probably the meal maker? Production red?

EB525A4F-F05C-4BA9-9E36-E4B7589E67AB.jpeg

The unknown barred one, cuckoo marans? Sandwiched between the two Egyptians.

Attachments

• 54705B5B-D72A-4CE4-A67B-216F61100519.jpeg
    54705B5B-D72A-4CE4-A67B-216F61100519.jpeg
    684.6 KB · Views: 1
#1. The faint barring about the neck area, yellow legs, and single comb make me think Delaware. :)
#2. I'm still sticking with Light Brahma. :) She's simply hatchery-quality, not to mention quite young yet.
#3. Cuckoo Marans!
#4. Your Swedish Flower Hen is absolutely stunning....:love
#5. Yep, that was the Meal Maker, and looking to be a Production Red.
#6. Also a Cuckoo Marans. :D

Thank you for the update!

~Alex

I think you are absolutely correct. There is two of those in there.

I am in love with the little Brahma. Even if she has faulty plumage, she is just a doll baby. She's one of the smallest . . which is weird since Brahmas are big, aren't they?

The Swedish Flower girls are Inga and Eina. And the crested one is like a movie star, bossy too. Definitely the boss of that group. My husband has labeled her (Inga) as his favorite.

Overall, I'm incredibly pleased with the assortment I got. The lavenders the blue are growing up very pretty too. Those BCM are ugly as homemade sin right now, but I know they will grow up to be very pretty girls, they are twice as big as the rest too. I pray none are roosters, but so far doesn't look like any are appearing to be. I could do without those Fayoumis. They are fast and flighty and have kind of been drama queens. My daughter likes them though and they are Pharah and Cleopatra. lol.

I think you are absolutely correct. There is two of those in there.

I am in love with the little Brahma. Even if she has faulty plumage, she is just a doll baby. She's one of the smallest . . which is weird since Brahmas are big, aren't they?

The Swedish Flower girls are Inga and Eina. And the crested one is like a movie star, bossy too. Definitely the boss of that group. My husband has labeled her (Inga) as his favorite.

Overall, I'm incredibly pleased with the assortment I got. The lavenders the blue are growing up very pretty too. Those BCM are ugly as homemade sin right now, but I know they will grow up to be very pretty girls, they are twice as big as the rest too. I pray none are roosters, but so far doesn't look like any are appearing to be. I could do without those Fayoumis. They are fast and flighty and have kind of been drama queens. My daughter likes them though and they are Pharah and Cleopatra. lol.
Sounds like quite the fun bunch! :love I'm so happy you're enjoying them, and getting to know each individual birdie. :celebrate Meyer did a great job providing you with variety!

Brahmas (which are quite large) are also slower to develop, I believe, so it could be she's just growing at a snail's pace in comparison with the others. :D

Don't worry, I'm sure your BCMs will "pretty up" soon. They are very rustic in appearance for a while leading up to that point. ;) It seems the breed is better known for their egg color than looks, however. :lol:

Flighty explains the Fayoumi personality in one word. I love them in spite of it, mainly for looks, hardiness, egg production, and ability to evade predators. :)

~Alex

She's definitely not a bantam. She isn't that small, just not growing as fast as the
others, and bantams are not included in this assortment from Meyer.
She just must be a slow developer. She's so cute though, and the friendliest one.
WHile the rest are trying to do the Kool-aid man through the wall, she is actually facing me and watching me curiously, and will come up to me.

Back
Top Bottom