Rare Breed Wish List

I watched a YouTube video the other day with my son and the Appaloosa horses looked like dalmatian dogs. I thought they were all black and white! What colours are they usually?

What are BBS?
Oh, hm. Well, if it was in the UK, maybe you have different color standards?
Here they're usually more this color. Appaloosa-Horse.jpg
appaloosa_horse_facts_grande.jpg
8085a83074a921540d902e9ba7df5bde.jpg
Not my pics, btw.
Though I live in SD. Maybe that has something to do with it? The black and white ones are gorgeous. Just more rare where I live. I've never seen a black and white in person.
Blue/Black/Splash.

Ooooo, I like wish lists! I’d pick standard size breeds though:
  • Sulmtaler
  • Norfolk Grey
  • Brakel
  • Groninger
  • Chamois or Spangled Thuringian
  • Vorwerk
  • Brabanter
  • Buckeye
  • Neiderrheiner
  • Owlbeard
  • Java
I don’t even think some of these are available in the US! Haven’t seen the Norfolk Grey, Brakel, Groninger, Thuringian, or Owlbeard. The others yes but mostly rarely.

I've gone chicken crazy this year and went after all the breeds I wanted and some that I didn't even have on my list but were impulsive purchases. I can't say any are very rare (listed on my signature line). The one chicken that I would like that I don't have is not really a breed but a color variation: the Isabel Orpington... and some color variations of the Araucana.

Yes they are on the rare breed list. I agree they are beautiful. Another iridescent black chicken 😍

Maybe for their non feathered feet they would win over the Langshans?
Some varieties of Langshans have clean feet. Luna, the hen in my picture, is a Black Croad Langshan, so she has feathered feet. Try German Lanshans or Modern Langshans, although Modern are tricky to find in the U.S.

Sumatras are truly beautiful chickens, and you definitely won't be unhappy either way!

Oh, hm. Well, if it was in the UK, maybe you have different color standards?
Here they're usually more this color.View attachment 2328523View attachment 2328522View attachment 2328524Not my pics, btw.
Though I live in SD. Maybe that has something to do with it? The black and white ones are gorgeous. Just more rare where I live. I've never seen a black and white in person.
Blue/Black/Splash.
They are beautiful!!!

This was the video we watched if you are interested

Ooooo, I like wish lists! I’d pick standard size breeds though:
  • Sulmtaler
  • Norfolk Grey
  • Brakel
  • Groninger
  • Chamois or Spangled Thuringian
  • Vorwerk
  • Brabanter
  • Buckeye
  • Neiderrheiner
  • Owlbeard
  • Java
I don’t even think some of these are available in the US! Haven’t seen the Norfolk Grey, Brakel, Groninger, Thuringian, or Owlbeard. The others yes but mostly rarely.

I've not heard of all of these! Tell us why you want them!

I've gone chicken crazy this year and went after all the breeds I wanted and some that I didn't even have on my list but were impulsive purchases. I can't say any are very rare (listed on my signature line). The one chicken that I would like that I don't have is not really a breed but a color variation: the Isabel Orpington... and some color variations of the Araucana.
I can't see signatures for some reason.

Partridge Orp is my fave! I had a beautiful one for years. Loved her so much. Giant floofy knickers 😄

Back
Top Bottom