Rare Breed Wish List

I can't see signatures for some reason.

Partridge Orp is my fave! I had a beautiful one for years. Loved her so much. Giant floofy knickers 😄
They're beautiful ♥
My signature:
Buddhist farmer/novelist practicing meditation, self-reliance, voluntary simplicity, and chickens.
My flocks: Welsummer, Cream Legbar, French Black Copper Marans, Barnevelder, Silverudd's Blue, and Araucana.

Oh, they are from the rare breed website you posted. As for why I’d pick those breeds ... mostly for looks☺

The site didn’t go into temperament much though. That’d be a factor, too, for me.
Yeah, I like a pretty flock. I now won't keep 2 chickens that look the same. Variety all the way.

The site didn’t go into temperament much though. That’d be a factor, too, for me.
I think temperament is so individual though. I never put any weight on what the breed descriptions say because any chicken can be docile or vicious, depending on how it is raised, the environment and flock it lives in, etc.

I think temperament is so individual though
Yes it is, but I think the chances are higher if you go with one known for friendliness. Depends also on breeding. Like I have a buff Orp and a polish (still young) that are very skittish and not interested in me at all, and both are billed as very friendly breeds. Definitely need to tame down the polish, in case I need to trim her crest later on!!

Back
Top Bottom