RARE DOG! Anybody own or breed a Picardy spaniel?

Yes, they are gs. I used to do obedience and agility with mine, but ran out of time with the hunting tests and trials and hunting! They pretty much do great at anything you have the time to do with them.
I check the registry, the only ones we ever registered at the two that the breeder in the ad had, and the resulting litter of pups, he or the one person that registered the pup with us, are no longer members, but that doesn't mean they don't still have them, just that they aren't testing them.
Good luck, and sorry I couldn't be more help!

Trust me, you were of help. You are one of the only people who actually knew what a Picardy spaniel was! Just a question, I don't really like shooting/killing birds, but I love gundogs. Are there any other ways to give the dogs a work out, or get together with other sporting dog enthusiasts? I was thinking agility... I have a energetic spaniel that would enjoy working as well.

Last edited:
At most organizied test/or trials, there are gunners that do the shooting, If your issue is with the doing it yourself, and if you asked you could probably take the birds home for the freezer, we always clean them and send them with people who want them to eat. Most of the sporting dogs do well in agility and obedience, I know some people who are into the dock jumping now, flyball is another (I could never stand the barking!), but it does look like a lot of fun and the dogs seem to love it.

Thanks for the advice! I am squeamish about killing animals., especially because I have pet chickens and a budgie at home. So it's not just shooting, it's the general feeling that "Omigosh, I just killed that pheasant!" I don't even squash spiders in the house. I suppose I could try flyball or agility. They look fun, and I think they would be good at keeping my dog fit and healthy. I would prefer something more athletic than just obedience, but I will do that to keep the dog well trained. Thanks!

Last edited:
oh Singe loves his treadmill! lol

he runs out to get on first thing in the morning. if anyone else is running, he stares at them until they get off "his" treadmill

Aw. That's so cute. I bet my dog would love a treadmill in the snowy/really hot weather. I like to keep him fit and healthy, but he doesn't like running in the extreme weather.

Back
Top Bottom