Rat infestation

Oh my word my chickens did holes deep enough for burial I even mention that to them when I come across one of their deep holes. My Runners love to nap in their holes. lol
You sure they aren’t planning something?
Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

I have had a very difficult time with our rat infestation. They were killing our broad-breasted white turkeys and eating them when they had no access to the chicken feed. We had them all over the house and small yard. They destroy many things within the house(seemed to be mostly objects rather than food, especially anything rubber. They appeared to be domestic(well, once in human captivity. not technically domestic I believe), and released. We think this based off of the colors of their fur. There were brindle, pie-bald brindle, gray, black, and white. They only came soon after a new neighbor came, and they came over to our house talking about the sounds they were hearing from our house they had only ever heard a rat make. My parents resorted to poison, after trying many tricks with no prevail. I hope you have better luck and will not need to resort to poison, and that they do not harm your birds in the same way that they harmed ours.

Back
Top Bottom