Rat proof feeder and stupid young chick

Yiannisk

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2012
I saw it on youtube and build it
rat proof feeder

It took me about a week to teach the old ones to use it

and then the young ones came and one manage to lock himself in i had to take it down to pieces to get him - her out

Last edited:
How funny!
lau.gif

Poor thing.

That looks pretty niffty though. I assume that the door swings inward when the chickens stand on the wooden perch in front of it?
Good job of building it.

You are right it swings inwards and save me some food - money of feeding rats and wild birds

Can you post a picture of the mechanism that swings the door?
That looks like something that will be really good for me to build when I get chickens.

How do you fill it?
Does the top come off or what?
How much does it hold?

Yes it opens on top and holds about 40kg of crash corn i will take some photos in the morning and upload them now it is late evening where i live

That is just a to hilarious picture of the bird stuck inside. It made a nice viewing window.

I need to get some treadle feeders for my birds even though my dog has pretty much eliminated the rodent problem. Do you like how it works? Well other than silly chickens getting greedy and trying to live in it.

I'm not sure I'd call him/her stupid. That sort of move takes a talent, evil genius perhaps. :p Sorry you had to take it apart to free the rebellious one!

Back
Top Bottom