Rat SNAKE

DLS

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
100 miles SOUTH of Atlanta
I finnaly got the rat snake that was EATING my eggs. I left his dead snake carcus to be eaten by the birds , and they are doing that. NOW, something is killing the hens and leaving it lay. I usully have no trouble figguring out who or what is doing this . But this time I find NO SIGNES!! Won't go in a trap.No tracks, nothing but dead chickens Just a head scratcher

If they have no marks on them, it can be a type of parasite. Spider maybe, depends on where you live, not a common threat though. If you see any signs of coccidiosis, or marek's you better act quickly. If they have mareks, i think there is no cure for it (thats what i read somewhere) Try to quarantine your chickens(if there is no bite mark) and see if they still die. You never know, you should probably clean their coop. If you do see bite marks, fence them in, make sure its strong enough to hold off the predators in your area. Dont let any of your cats and dogs around them.

Yes Just A pile of feathers. Might be getting the birds by the neck. it is hard to say because the other birds start to eat the other one as soon as it falls. What about a rat?

Back
Top Bottom