Rate my quail setup!

ky_bird

Chirping
Feb 18, 2022
Do you guys like my setup? I’ll probably have 5 or 6 quail in it. Critique is welcome!! The quail chicks will be hatching any day now, (the green one is an extra if I need it, I don’t plan on using it)
The size is 30in wide x 48in long x 33in tall
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    809.2 KB · Views: 8
Idk how to “love” something, but if I could I would. Help please?!
That is an awesome setup. What’s the size of the cage? Height? I notice that mine pop up high, even if for a moment.
The wood perch is a great idea, in my opinion.
And I see sand for a dust bath - perfect!
Just know eventually they will throw food. I thought “oh no, not my quail” - and then it happened. Everywhere. But that feeder is perfect for chicks.

Not sure exact location but you may want to add some “predator proofing” snakes especially can get through the bars on there but like on the green one, snakes can get in but can’t get out with a swallowed quail and they keep killing
It’s in my barn and I close it at night but I will do that!

Idk how to “love” something, but if I could I would. Help please?!
That is an awesome setup. What’s the size of the cage? Height? I notice that mine pop up high, even if for a moment.
The wood perch is a great idea, in my opinion.
And I see sand for a dust bath - perfect!
Just know eventually they will throw food. I thought “oh no, not my quail” - and then it happened. Everywhere. But that feeder is perfect for chicks.
30in wide x 48in long x 33in tall I have a extra dowel perch I don’t use would that work?

Back
Top Bottom