rate this silkie roo please

muzzles&nuzzles

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
MI
This guy is a year old and acts like it. I have my own opinion of him but would like to know what others think.

No, he does not live in this cage and I apologize for taking his pic in the cage but I was most distressed by his behavior today. (feathers everywhere) He was very displeased with me for putting him in this cage so he is actually having a fit at me.

He is also quite dirty and his yes his feet feathers are a wreck because silkie or not he lives like a chicken.
Thanks

beared well. Silkies do not need to be bearded.
I got pet Silkies from Ideal. I would never show them! The hen has practically no crest. The Roosters don't have the best crests, and are mostly all real feathering on the top.
I saw a huge silkie rooster at the fair. If I didn't know it I would have thought he was a standard breed. He did well at the show, looked a lot like yours but more.. um... fluffy
I love his tail feathering though....

S&SPoultryExchange :

Oh no im not saying they have to be but from a showing prespective. It helps alot.

Really? Huh... Interesting, Nice to know though if I ever want to pick up breeding or showing. Right now I only have my little "pet" flock​

A pet quality bird. Not particularly good type, too small a crest, too tall. I can't see enough to rate other features.

Most, but not all nb silkies are lesser in quality to bearded ones; mostly because htere is less interest in breeding and improving them in the US. However an nb of equal quality should fare just as well as a bearded one. In person I have seen one excellent quality nb white. I've also seen photos of others.

That was my opinion also.

I said I was cleaning up the coops so he is going along with some other ones. LOL Thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom