Rats!!! hurrry help!!!

Well then there is your answer if you dont want to detroy them. Call any major credit card or sattelite service provider and when you reach their customer service rep in India get their address and ship them over there. From the looks of that picture they got plenty of milk and will welcome them.

lau.gif

Kill them!!!!!!!!! And kill any rat or mouse you see. I had a mouse kill one of my baby chicks (the first chick hatched last year).

I used to live in Columbus Ohio and we lived in basement apartments when I was really young and we had rats bigger than kittens crawling over us and thank heavens we didn't live in those places too long. Same thing as a older teen we had a creek next to our house and when the creek flooded we had some pretty huge sewer rats come into the house. We had a field mouse get into the chicken house recently and I am happy to say it is now dead and I am keeping an eye out to see if there are others. I used to have hamsters and they would reproduce every 3 weeks if the male got to the female.

kill them now!!!!!!!!!! like all animals they are cute now but they wont be when they kill you chickens and chicks and steal your eggs.. i know it sound mean but i just shoot them with a pellet gun or something. don't torture them though. or you can release them way out in the woods somewhere far away

Just to temper all of this a bit...........if your coop is secure this is probably nearly a nonissue. If it isn't secure, I would make it secure (hardware cloth is a beautiful thing) because there will always be critters nearby and you will have this dilemma again and again. At a location where my feathered friends used to live, rats showed up and took up residence in the coop insulation. It wasn't until we critter-proofed the coop (so they couldn't get in at night) that the problem truly disappeared, and it was almost immediate resolution.

JJ

Hardware cloth will not solve a rat problem unfortunately. The rats can and will bite off toes of big hens andbite off legs of baby chicks through half in. by half in. Hardware cloth. If you use the 1/4 by 1/4 then the poop wont go through so you have defeated the purpose of a wire floor anyway.

Back
Top Bottom