Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

Pics
This method is worth trying as well but use antifreeze instead of water tho ;)
rat-trap-on-bucket.png

I am mobile and can’t quite go through all the pages, but have you considered having a ratter come in? There’s a guy on YouTube called the Mink Man who trains mink to go in and help eliminate rodent problems, but he’s got incredibly talented dogs that help with it as well. If you had a way to secure your birds in a small coop of sorts (out of sight and safe) and had someone with a good rat dog come in, or had a dog of your own that’s good with it. Long story short, I have an Australian Cattle Dog who is a ratter, and gets everything from field mice to giant gopher rats. She’s trained to check locations you signal, and has a great nose. Very fast reflexes. Maybe something like this can help? Just a shot.

My feedstore has something called “justonebite” and I looked it up and it seems to be a good one.

JustOneBite is a poison I have used to great effect.

I kind of want to try those TomCat traps, too.

TomCat poison doesn't seem to do a thing. Mine eat it or ignore it and I still have mice/rats. The JustOneBite bars do the trick though.

@MamaSug - The Mink Man however actually makes a legitimate career out of hand raising, breeding, training mink to hunt muskrat/rat/mice among other things. He's not a wild man flinging turtles out of the mud LOL
Yes, I realize and had only just been reminded cause I haven't seen that show in sooo long 😆 that one part where Turtleman's supposingly trying to "catch" a fox in a barn that had been killing someones chickens and he whispers "LIVE ACTION" while ducking down after the fox enters the barn...

This all started last year when my neighbor unloaded some rat-infested materials. They quickly came up to my house. Plentiful food supply, right? Well. I cant take it anymore. There’s stupid rats EVERYWHERE by my chicken pens. And I can’t use poison and no amount of traps would ever get all those dang mice.

Do I rehome my flock and start anew later?? It seems the rat population keeps growing and growing. My feed bill is sky high because I’m feeding more rats than chickens. It’s to the point where my chickens are absolutely starving if not fed twice daily.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. :hit
Feed the rats to the chickens! They'll love it! I know mine do!

Back
Top Bottom